PDA

View Full Version : Farking Phone Company

MrsSpeed
07-10-2003, 10:48 AM
Three days in a row now SBC has called trying to get us to sign up with their long distance. First night on Tuesday while we were eating dinner. DH answers and says were not interested. Yesterday about noon or so the phone rang. I answered it and again it was SBC. I told her "I'm not interested and we weren't interested last night when you called either." :mad: She says "Excuse me. I'll take care of that right now" (in her best english :rolleyes: ) TODAY just awhile ago. The phone rings. Guess What!!?? SBC again!!! I told the lady. "You have called me 3 days in a row. I've told you we're not interested. If I get another call, I'm calling my Attorney General and filing harrassment charges!!" :mad: :mad: :mad:

The phone companies BETTER be included on the national no call list. :mad:

mlathroum
07-10-2003, 11:01 AM
In Maryland if you tell a company not to call you again and they do it anywhat you can sue them. Not sure what the law is called but they passed it last year or the year before.

BeesKnees
07-10-2003, 11:03 AM
They are included.

The problem is, the one you are signed up with ( ANY one, not just SBC) can get around it because you are their customer and they are allowed to promote to their own customers. There are laws in line to be signed to close this loophole. I work for a competing telephone company so this is my understanding of it , anyway.

If I were you and it happens again, I would make sure they know I was looking for a new provider that was not going to harass me. Say “nope not interested, however, could you transfer me to the person handling service disconnection.?” See what they say about that ;)

Gitty
07-10-2003, 12:13 PM
"Put me on your do not call list" and wait for them to do it. Then ask for the companies info and write it down and the date you said this. If they do call back you have a record of the call. The AG can't do anything about it if you don't have records of this. Also on FYI There is a thread with the link to the do not call link. There is a 1800# on it to put your # in so you don't get these calls.

kelblend
07-10-2003, 12:28 PM
I did that and got around 6 or 7 calls total. It was SBC Ameritech as well. They said um well it can take like 3 months before the calls will stop. So get this, one day I listened to their package and said will you call back tomorrow at this time and I will let you know if I wish to do it. They never called me back!! LMBO Oh well it was a bit more than I needed, so it didn't matter. Just kind of funny.

momtofuss
07-10-2003, 12:29 PM
i always tell them not to call me again take me off their phone and mail list, and send me the proof in the mail, lol and the y get mad

magenta
07-10-2003, 01:48 PM
I just read in the paper the other day about a guy (I forget where)that was getting phone calls from someone (I forget who) about him wanting to buy something. He kept telling them No thanks, they kept calling day after day. Finally he started calling them 3 times a day to let them know he still did not want their service. After so many days they quit calling him. The manager or supervisor even sent him a letter in writing that they would never call him. I thought that was funny. I threw the paper away, maybe I can find it online.

Quaker_Parrots
07-10-2003, 04:53 PM
I avoid SBC like the plague after what they did to me. I had a $400 web hosting charge on my bill, took them 4 months to get it off (I refused to pay. They finally took the charge off my bill AFTER they cut off my service, and still are trying to charge me for the late fee from not paying the over charge, oh yeah by the way, I never had a website through them or anyone else

PreciousDarlin
07-10-2003, 07:21 PM
I guess I misunderstood it, but I thought long distance companies were exempt from the National Do-Not-Call List. As in kelblend's case, usually if you sit and listen to their entire spiel about the programs etc etc etc, and THEN say you aren't interested, they won't call back until they recycle their calling list. And if you tell them to put you on their Do Not Call list, or remove you from their list (don't just say 'don't call here again') then they HAVE to do it.

AKISS
07-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Sorry they are bugging you.l.. here is an even better one. I switched to At&t to get he $50 gift card. But I jsut went back to my local provider. ( I use my cell phone fopr LD) For a week I was recieveing like 3 calls a night some right after another. Finally I yelled at the person (I know it is not his fault) to take me off of theeir list and if I was interested I would call them. Well no calls since then.