PDA

View Full Version : I spent money on myself, and it felt great!

ksmomof2
07-08-2003, 07:23 PM
I'm sure many of you moms out there can relate to this. I'm a SAHM mom, so money is always tight, and whenever we do have any extra it always seems to go to doing/buying something for the kids. It just ends up that way, and it's ok with us. :) Anyhow, I just turned 30 a couple of weeks ago, and my dad gave me some birthday money, except it came with a condition. He told me that I had to spend it on myself or he would never give me birthday money again! :eek::D

So today I went to Old Navy, (by myself, NO KIDS, which is a treat in itself:D) and got 2 pairs of shorts and 6 really cute tank tops, and they will all go with one or both of the shorts I got. :) It was really nice because it has been at least 2 years since I bought any new clothes for myself, I always wear t-shirts and shorts. The best part is that since having my youngest son, I've been self conscious about my bod, and wearing t-shirts all the time doesn't help :rolleyes:, and when I got home tonight and tried everything on I felt so great! They actually made me look/feel skinnier and I felt really pretty for the first time in a long time! :)Now I can't wait until hubby comes home to show him. :D;) Thanks for reading, I just had to share my happiness with somebody! I called my dad and he was really happy that it made me feel that good. :)

japanesewhisper
07-08-2003, 07:36 PM
Sounds like your dad knew exactly the kind of gift to give you! Hope you enjoy the new clothes!

Hillbilly
07-08-2003, 07:46 PM
That is great.Congrats! :)

Shancopp
07-08-2003, 07:46 PM
What a great bday gift!!

sea-shell
07-08-2003, 07:48 PM
Glad it made you feel good and dad too.

ksmomof2
07-08-2003, 08:23 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies! :) Yep my dad is pretty great, I think I'll keep him. ;)

MelanieAnn
07-08-2003, 08:25 PM
Woo Hoo! :D

I have to agree with Emelle, I seem to get something new every other week. LOL

miccit
07-08-2003, 08:28 PM
What a great gift! So, which was better the clothes or the away time???;)

ksmomof2
07-08-2003, 08:37 PM
LOL Emelle and Melanie..as much fun as this was and how great it made me feel, I don't think I'll go 2 years again. ;)

Miccit, I have to say they were both equally great and definitely needed! hehe :)

SaraSmiles
07-08-2003, 08:38 PM
U deserved it. I know, how happy u must feel. Congrats! :)

ocvachick
07-08-2003, 09:20 PM
that is awesome.. it always feels great to buy some new clothes for myself without having anyone around. i know how you feel.

miccit
07-09-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by ksmomof2
LOL Emelle and Melanie..as much fun as this was and how great it made me feel, I don't think I'll go 2 years again. ;)

Miccit, I have to say they were both equally great and definitely needed! hehe :)

That is great! I much prefer trying on clothes and buying them when my kids aren't "helping" me!:D

kelblend
07-09-2003, 09:13 AM
Congrats on not only getting out by yourself, but getting some things just for you!!