PDA

View Full Version : There's NO way this has happened again!!! OMG!!!!!!

girlwithsoul
07-08-2003, 08:01 AM
Man Drives Home With Body In Windshield

POSTED: 6:56 a.m. EDT July 8, 2003

DELEON, Fla. -- Officials say a Florida motorist drove home with the legless body of a pedestrian in his front windshield before calling 911.

Joseph Markert was crossing a highway in DeLeon Springs Friday night when he was hit by a car driven by Daniel Dradeen.

The medical examiner will determine if Markert survived the impact, but a Volusia County emergency official said it's likely he died immediately.

Dradeen allegedly didn't stop because he didn't have a cellular phone with him and the friend's home where he was staying was only about a mile from the accident site.

Deputies first learned of the accident from bar patrons who reported finding two legs near the parking lot.

Police said the driver was not impaired and no hit-and-run charges will be filed, but a homicide investigator will review the case.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

MsLynn
07-08-2003, 08:17 AM
how can people do this, but at least this time it looks like the poor guy didn't suffer for hrs like the last one

Tasha405
07-08-2003, 08:51 AM
There is no way that I could drive off with someone hanging out of my windshield. Thats just creepy. He could have stopped and ran into a store or something. :(

captorquewrench
07-08-2003, 09:00 AM
madness.

justme23
07-08-2003, 09:08 AM
NO, it did NOT happen again... if you read the whole article, he was not under the influence of drugs OR alcohol and didn't have a cellphone so he went a mile up the road to call the police (which the first incident that didn't happen)... it also says he died on impact and NO charges will be filed... the only similarity I see is that someone was hit by a moving car... but THIS person tried to help even if he did do it a mile down the road... it's not even close to the same thing.

Princess4J
07-08-2003, 09:47 AM
I THINK IT IS SIMILAR TO THE OTHER ACCIDENT.

THEY BOTH HIT A PERSON, THEY BOTH DRIVE WITH
THE BODY ON THE WINDSHIELD. NOW IF PEOPLE AT A BAR FOUND
THE LEGS, WHY DIDN'T THE GUY DRIVING THE CAR STOP & GO
TO THE BAR FOR HELP ??? WHY DRIVE A MILE WITH THE BODY ??

SO HE HAD NO CELL PHONE, WHO CARES !
STOP & GET HELP :rolleyes:

girlwithsoul
07-08-2003, 09:49 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa justme....coming off a little harsh there. I DID read the whole article and while there are glaring differences, the fact remains that this person drove with another person in their windshield. The title of the thread was more to attract attention than anything else. Nothing for you to get all worked up about.

I'm glad he called authorities but it's still a maddening situation.

ebgreen74
07-08-2003, 09:53 AM
I don't think justme was harsh at all-stating your opinion is OK even when it differs from everyone else's ya know

Princess4J
07-08-2003, 09:58 AM
THERE'S A WAY TO GIVE YOUR OPINION & DISAGREE.
WHICH IS FINE. THERE IS ALSO A WAY TO COME ACROSS HARSH,
WHICH MAY HAVE NOT BEEN JUSTME'S INTENTION.
BUT THATS HOW I TOOK HER POST ALSO.

BeesKnees
07-08-2003, 10:03 AM
I think justme sounded harsh, but I am taking it that it is because the previous case was just so horrible and unthinkable that the comparison was too close. They are different, of course, but the outcomes were different, as was the inhumanity of the Chante Mallard case as opposed to this one. However, if he hit the guy near a tavern, why DIDN'T he go inside for help. Thats odd.

Sure we can disagree, but sonmetimes people's emotions override their intent and they are misunderstood. That is most likely the case here.

justme23
07-08-2003, 11:50 AM
People will take things the way they take them. Even when I go out of my way to be nice someone will find something wrong w/ it... so now I just give my opinion and move on... I can not pls everyone, so I will not even try... I'm sorry yall took offense to it, but it is my opinion and it has not changed.

tiffany21
07-08-2003, 11:53 AM
what is wrong with some people today :mad:

justme23
07-08-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by tiffany21
what is wrong with some people today :mad:

Now this is rude.
If you have issues w/ me pls feel free to pm me, but don't leave msgs such as this trying to make a point.

suziebee20
07-08-2003, 12:00 PM
How horrible. At least the driver went and got help though. If I ever hit someone and there were haging through my windshild, I would probably jump out the darned window so freaked out, and never want to drive again.

Missysmom
07-08-2003, 12:02 PM
If this had happened in California, he would probably be arrested
for "Hit and Run".

Tasha405
07-08-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by justme23
Now this is rude.
If you have issues w/ me pls feel free to pm me, but don't leave msgs such as this trying to make a point. I think she was talking about the person in the story, not you. I could be wrong though, but thats how I took it. lol

justme23
07-08-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Tasha405
I think she was talking about the person in the story, not you. I could be wrong though, but thats how I took it. lol

Oh, I guess I was being sensitive... my bad!! :)

Blackberry
07-08-2003, 01:21 PM
OMG, finding a pair of legs by the tavern! I would be scared for life! That poor man. I bet he didn't survive the impact of the accident. At least I hope he didn't.

I'm with those who think he should have stopped & gone into the tavern to call for help.

BeanieLuvR
07-08-2003, 02:56 PM
I can`t imagine driving with a person that I hit on the car. I would have stopped and got help from the nearest place or flagged another motorist down to go call for help. It seems terrible to me to continue driving after you have hit someone.