PDA

View Full Version : Target Pharmacy complaint

miccit
07-07-2003, 06:01 PM
I called the Target near my home to see if they had a pharmacy. The recorded message said that the Target pharmacy was open from 9 am to 7 pm today. So, I took my prescriptions to Target and went into the store. I walked back to the pharmacy and there is a big sign that says this Pharmacy opens July 27. Nowhere on their automated line did it say that the pharmacy is not yet open. So, I went to the customer service desk to see what was going on. The guy says it's not open yet. I wanted to smack him, I already knew that. I asked him where the nearest Target was and he just walked away from me and started tickling his co-worker. I was really mad by then. Finally I said excuse me are you going to help me really loud and he came back over. I asked him again where the nearest pharmacy was and he said I think it's in Tacoma. So, then I asked if he knew why the automated line said it was open from 9 to 7. He said he didn't know. Then he just walked away from me again.

I had a coupon that if you had a new prescription you got a $10 gift card. I decided it wasn't even worth dealing with Target and just went to Walgreens.

I think I am going to call the manager tomorrow and complain. The more I think about it the angrier I get. How hard would it be to put we are not yet open on their automated line. Heck the line even says if you are a doctors office press a number (I can't remember which one), I wonder how many doc's offices are going to get mad when they are put on hold forever.

Sorry to vent, it has just been a long day and I wasted almost an hour going to Target and getting stuck in traffic trying to get home. :mad:

jonette5
07-07-2003, 06:21 PM
Well that really BITES! Sorry you had such a rough time. I would call manager and tell him about recording and rude employee.

Princess Baby
07-07-2003, 06:24 PM
I would also call about that employee, and tell them about their misleading recorded message that didn't state it wasn't open until June 27th. Sorry you had to deal with that.

miccit
07-07-2003, 06:41 PM
I think I will call them in the morning.

Customer Service has gone so down hill. And I as sit here reading that, I realize I sound like my mother.:eek:

Blackberry
07-07-2003, 07:11 PM
miccit

I'm not sure which Target you went to, but the one off of Hwy 16 in Tacoma has a Pharmacy. I had one of those coupons a couple of months ago & checked the website to see which Target's had a pharmacy. I live in Auburn, and that one was the closest one.

It is just off of Hwy 16 and in the same group of stores as Top Foods and a Cineplex Odeon amoung other stores. Hope this helps.

miccit
07-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by 13ducks
miccit

I'm not sure which Target you went to, but the one off of Hwy 16 in Tacoma has a Pharmacy. I had one of those coupons a couple of months ago & checked the website to see which Target's had a pharmacy. I live in Auburn, and that one was the closest one.

It is just off of Hwy 16 and in the same group of stores as Top Foods and a Cineplex Odeon amoung other stores. Hope this helps.

I went to Lakewood. From now on I will go to the one you were talking about.

suziebee20
07-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Why on earth would the recording have the times if it's not open? That's really stupid it didn't even mention it not being open yet. I'de deffinetly call them about the employee and have them change that message too.

miccit
07-07-2003, 07:33 PM
I was wondering why it would have the hours on the recording yet also.

Anyone know how to contact their corporate offices, their website is Amazon.com powered.

Blackberry
07-07-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by miccit
I went to Lakewood. From now on I will go to the one you were talking about.

So Lakewood is getting a pharmacy? That is good to know since one of my doctor's is in Lakewood. Thanks for posting your vent--I never would have know if I hadn't read this :)

miccit
07-07-2003, 07:39 PM
So Lakewood is getting a pharmacy? That is good to know since one of my doctor's is in Lakewood. Thanks for posting your vent--I never would have know if I hadn't read this :)

Puyallup is getting one too. They are also getting a new snack bar. I prefer the one in Puyallup, it is closer than the Tacoma one. I live at PLU, and I hate driving anywhere near 16.

suziebee20
07-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Headquarters Address
Target Stores
1000 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55403

Guest Relations: (800) 440-0680 (7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday)

E-mail for Guest Relations: Guest.Relations@target.com

Source:
http://www.targetcorp.com/targetcorp_group/contactus/contact.jhtml

miccit
07-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Thank you so much Suziebee!!! :)

Blackberry
07-07-2003, 07:48 PM
Puyallup is getting one too. They are also getting a new snack bar. I prefer the one in Puyallup, it is closer than the Tacoma one. I live at PLU, and I hate driving anywhere near 16.

That's funny--I'm sort of afraid of Puyallup. Years ago I got lost in Puyallup, kept seeing the same businesses over and over until I was in tears and somehow accidentaly found my way out of that darn city! I drive 16 all the time because my parents live in Bremerton, I will gladly go a few extra miles to avoid that vile city! :D

Sorry, I'm way off topic here. I hope that Target takes your complaint seriously. I would have been very pissed too in your situation.

miccit
07-07-2003, 07:59 PM
That's funny--I'm sort of afraid of Puyallup. Years ago I got lost in Puyallup, kept seeing the same businesses over and over until I was in tears and somehow accidentaly found my way out of that darn city! I drive 16 all the time because my parents live in Bremerton, I will gladly go a few extra miles to avoid that vile city! :D

Sorry, I'm way off topic here. I hope that Target takes your complaint seriously. I would have been very pissed too in your situation.

I can see where you could get lost in Puyallup. I once got lost in the hilltop area of Tacoma, talk about scary.

I kind of like driving over the Narrows Bridge though. It is cool.

Blackberry
07-07-2003, 08:05 PM
I can see where you could get lost in Puyallup. I once got lost in the hilltop area of Tacoma, talk about scary.

I kind of like driving over the Narrows Bridge though. It is cool.

Honey--let me tell you! I could get lost in a parking lot if I was in a car! I have the worst sense of direction of anyone you've ever met!
I used to be scared to death of the Narrows bridge but after many years I'm able to take my eyes off of the road a little bit to look down at the boaters. It's a beautiful area. I'm anxious for the 2nd bridge to be finished, I wonder if they will look identical or not.

miccit
07-07-2003, 09:05 PM
Honey--let me tell you! I could get lost in a parking lot if I was in a car! I have the worst sense of direction of anyone you've ever met!
I used to be scared to death of the Narrows bridge but after many years I'm able to take my eyes off of the road a little bit to look down at the boaters. It's a beautiful area. I'm anxious for the 2nd bridge to be finished, I wonder if they will look identical or not.

I haven't seen any pics of what it is supposed to look like.

I hate the 520 floating bridge and I am not real thrilled with I-90. Too close to the water for me.

cab244
07-08-2003, 06:06 PM
Some stores will honor competitors coupons for prescriptions. I know publix will. They don't give you a gift card but they'll take it out of what you'll owe. My co-pay is $9 so if I take it there it is free. You could check around in your area so the coupon doesn't go to waste. That is if you have another prescription. Just a thought.

miccit
07-08-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by cab244
Some stores will honor competitors coupons for prescriptions. I know publix will. They don't give you a gift card but they'll take it out of what you'll owe. My co-pay is $9 so if I take it there it is free. You could check around in your area so the coupon doesn't go to waste. That is if you have another prescription. Just a thought.

I will have to check that out when I go to the pharmacy to get the next prescription filled.

I sent them an e-mail telling them exactly what had happened. Will wait to see what they say. I tried to call the manager and was told there wasn't one on duty.:rolleyes:

1busymomma
07-08-2003, 07:30 PM
That bites.... ((((((((miccit)))))))) Hopefully you get something for your trouble!

I went over the 520 bridge once. That was enough for me, I kept thinking about titanic and going down (got caught in rush hour traffic on that thing) :eek:

miccit
07-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by 1busymomma
That bites.... ((((((((miccit)))))))) Hopefully you get something for your trouble!

I went over the 520 bridge once. That was enough for me, I kept thinking about titanic and going down (got caught in rush hour traffic on that thing) :eek:

I hate the 520 bridge. Too much floating and moving. When I am on a road, I don't want it to move.:)

Blackberry
07-08-2003, 11:48 PM
I hate the 520 bridge. Too much floating and moving. When I am on a road, I don't want it to move.:)

You know, I've never been on the 520, but I always thought it would be cool to go over once----but only in PERFECT weather! Have you ever seen footage or the original Tacoma Narrow's bridge? It was nicknamed Galloping Gerty because it would ripple, swing & twist in the wind & then it finaly broke! That was a long, long time ago.

Hey Miccit.....I know that Albertson's accepts competetors coupons, you might call them and see if they would take the Target pharmacy one. I had never thought of that but will now keep my eye out for competiters coupons in case they do.

childbrite
07-09-2003, 05:17 AM

OMG!! I thought I was the only one who had no sense of direction! I can get lost in my own house if I'm not carefull...LOL!!

miccit
07-09-2003, 06:54 AM
You know, I've never been on the 520, but I always thought it would be cool to go over once----but only in PERFECT weather! Have you ever seen footage or the original Tacoma Narrow's bridge? It was nicknamed Galloping Gerty because it would ripple, swing & twist in the wind & then it finaly broke! That was a long, long time ago.

Hey Miccit.....I know that Albertson's accepts competetors coupons, you might call them and see if they would take the Target pharmacy one. I had never thought of that but will now keep my eye out for competiters coupons in case they do.

I have a really neat postcard with Gallopin Gertie on it. Then of course there is the I-90 bridge that sank!

I will call Albertson's and see what they say. Thanks!