PDA

View Full Version : Solid Countertops (ex Corian) Pros and Cons....

kidzpca
07-07-2003, 04:03 PM
List your or others experiences with Solid Color throughout countertops experiences here

Am considering installing one soon.

TIA

kidzpca
07-08-2003, 10:41 AM
bump

justbeachy
07-08-2003, 10:44 AM
Well I work for a homebuilder and we recommend them because they don't stain as easily as granite, however they can be just as expensive if you do not stick with the standard colors. They are very durable and do not scratch as easily as granite either. Good luck with your decision.

jaybird
07-08-2003, 10:44 AM
One word:
Pricey.

Nice, durable, but VERY pricey. I want to say $90 or so a foot sticks in my mind. You can replace regular countertop several times for that sort of money. I love the look of corian etc., but just wouldn't pay the price for it when we remodeled our kitchen.

Kelsey1224
07-08-2003, 10:50 AM
Our builder included corian countertops in our new home. I just LOVE it. We were Phase I. Phase II and after now have granite. We prefer the corian because the granite is a dark black/grown/green stuff. Doesn't go with my yellow/white kitchen.

justbeachy
07-08-2003, 10:55 AM
Another note, if it's just the look you are going for, you can find very nice and very similar looks to corian in silestone and in laminate.