PDA

View Full Version : I'm bored so i have a question..

Mini
07-05-2003, 10:50 PM
Ok..my friend was just telling me this..
She was "going out" with a guy on the net for over a month and recently found out he had a "real" girlfriend and broke up with him because of it. Not to mention how mad she was:eek:
I was bored and got to thinking about this so heres my question..

Would you be mad if you were in her shoes? Her best friend(whom i don't even know) says that real and unreal are two totally diff. things and she should not even be mad about it because she can't help what he does in real life. What would you do?

janelle
07-05-2003, 11:36 PM
I don't understand "going out" on the net. Where were they going? LOL

Anyway the best way to answer the question is to change it around. Would the girl who thinks some things are real and some are unreal like it if her boyfriend spent lots of time talking to a certain girl online all the time? If they had intimate conversations would it be ok or would it bother her?

Obviously it bothered the first girl to find out the guy who was talking to her had a real girlfriend like a girlfriend in real life. That's all that matters anyway. It made her feel uneasy and I would agree with her.

Kyla Kym
07-06-2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by janelle
I don't understand "going out" on the net. Where were they going? LOL

I think that means going steady in old people terms ;) My son has said that since first grade, everytime he gets a new girlfriend he says I'm going out with so&so now. I keep asking him where they are going?! :p

PreciousDarlin
07-06-2003, 08:53 AM
When I was younger (and stupider) I did this and ended up with the same results that your friend did. So, I realized how stupid I was and decided not to do it anymore. No dating a guy unless I can meet him in person. And thats how I met my husband (originally in a chatroom). We talked on the phone for months before we finally met in person and once we did, we were inseperable.

MsLynn
07-06-2003, 10:29 AM
i have lots of guy friends on the net, but MOST of them are honest enough to tell me they have girlfriends/wives, and thats just it we're friends. and i even talk to some of their wives/girlfriends, do not believe you can have any other kind of relationship on the net

ckerr4
07-06-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by janelle

Anyway the best way to answer the question is to change it around. Would the girl who thinks some things are real and some are unreal like it if her boyfriend spent lots of time talking to a certain girl online all the time? If they had intimate conversations would it be ok or would it bother her?

Lol, exactly. What it bother the best friend if her boyfriend had an "unreal" girlfriend on the net that he was "going out" with? I bet it would! Physicality is one thing, but a relationship is also emotional, and that is why the "real" and "unreal" relationship sifter doesn't work for me;)

1tiredmom
07-07-2003, 04:31 PM
lol i am beginning to wonder if it's the water we are drinking-my daughter became friends w/a guy on line & talked back & forth on line and phone(yes, i did check him out called number asked for mom, etc...)him and his friend and my daughter & a friend of hers decicded to meet each other at a theme park. met the parents in person, told my daughter what time i would come back to get them but if at anytime she felt uncomfortable to call me on the cell& i would be there in minutes (i didn't leave the area just in case)after this "meeting"the boy;she recived a letter from him saying she "played him"(whatever that is-sometimes she has to explain some of these terms-he ASSUMEDthey were together as a couple & he was mad becasue she spoke to his friend-thank goodness she told him off & they barely speak now on or offline-he tried to chat with her online(it wasn't her i was online -she didn't sign off)well i ignored him & each time he got more vulgar -after a few ims i found his mother & asked to speak to him & told her why-she made him come & say he was sorry-but then he left a message on my daughters answering machine that she better watch out becasue he found out that I was snooping around in her room!!she told him she couldn't take anymore of his entainment & now blocked him on computer & telephone !!!

i know this was long & sorry-but