PDA

View Full Version : A Small Favor to Ask of My Family Here

Ladytiger
07-05-2003, 02:16 PM
As most of you know, I have been laid up for a year now, doing alot of soul searching and alot of healing. This summer has been rough, I can't get out like everyone can. Either it's not a good walking day, and there is way too much pain-or it hurts to sit in a vehicle for any length of time. That's ok, this too will pass.
My surgery date is scheduled for August 15-a month to the day, later than my birthday. Mending from that will take away the whole summer. I have been working on a scrapbook of all that I am "relearning" since this breakdown. I have made many, many friends and without them it would have made "coming back" much more harder, if that's possible, to do. What I am asking is this. Being that I can't get out anywhere, I am living through your vacations and where everyone lives, festivals etc..through YOU.
Would it be possible for you to drop me a postcard-from your neck of the woods, or where you have tyraveled this summer, that's all I want, for this scrapbook that I am working on. Please PM me or Jaybird or even FurgY for the addy. If you could put your BBS name on it, that would be wonderful, and if you put a return addy on it, I will *try* to send you one from here. I say *try* because right now, my life partner is doing it all-cooking, grocery shopping etc. That would just put another burden on him, not to mention money being extremely tight because I am not working.
Thank you even taking the time to read this-and TIA, it means so very much to me.

*Edited to add-this is REALLY hard to ask for this.

schsa
07-05-2003, 02:26 PM
No need to send one back. Just PM'ed you.

nosamiam
07-05-2003, 02:28 PM
You got it LT!!!!! Think I will come to YOUR house and dust! lol

janelle
07-05-2003, 02:47 PM
Will do if you PM me your address. May not get to go on a trip for awhile but I can send you some things on KS. If that's ok.

BigLyd1
07-05-2003, 03:07 PM
LT, I'd be happy to send you some stuff. Please PM me. Thank you.

Lydia

julie_angel
07-05-2003, 03:09 PM
Please pm or e-mail me you address. I *think* I have a great idea for you!;)

Maeryn
07-05-2003, 03:40 PM
I'll try and find something cool from around here!

newwiccan
07-05-2003, 03:43 PM
Send me your address again and I'll get one to you. I don't need anything in return either.

Ladytiger
07-05-2003, 04:58 PM
Thank you for the replies everyone! To the people that pm'd me about people feeling sorry for me-that's not what it's about at all. I can't get out, so this is the next best thing. Actually, it's pretty healthy, I am working on this scrapbook and keeping my mind active in many ways.
One thing that I want to stress to everyone that I can. When your body/mind tells you that it needs a break-*LISTEN* and do it, I didn't. Now I have been slowed down like you wouldn't believe.

kidzpca
07-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Absolutely and then some. Just PM me your address and I'll send it to ya. No need to send one back. I'm glad to help

unicorn9149
07-05-2003, 06:19 PM
PM me your addy also.

melodyjl
07-05-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by FurgY
Cab, TigerButt's birthday is July 15th :D

Isn't her b-day around August 8th?? She wrote: "My surgery date is scheduled for August 15-a week later than my birthday"

email me your addy, I'll send you a card!

Hugs

melodyjl@yahoo.com

Ladytiger
07-05-2003, 08:18 PM
Sorry for the confusion-my bday is the 15th of July-exactly a week from the surgery date. I fixed it-sorry.

MsPiggy44
07-05-2003, 08:18 PM
I got you address so be on the look out from me......
Hang in there.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS LT}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

1busymomma
07-05-2003, 08:23 PM
LT: pm me with your addy. I think it sounds like a wonderful project. :)

Taterbo
07-07-2003, 10:18 PM
I just PM'd you too...

Widgetsx3
07-07-2003, 11:30 PM
PM me your addy...I will send you something....

reneep45
07-08-2003, 12:11 AM
I'm in ! pm or email me your addy !
reneep45bbs@hotmail.com
i'll get my daughter in law to send a post card from portugal tooo !!!

mlathroum
07-08-2003, 04:14 AM
PM me your e-mail address sweeties. Hubby and I are taking the kids to Hershey Park, The Crayola Factory, and Lancaster at the end of the month. In Sept. Hubby and I are heading to Niagara Falls, Canada for our anniversary.

Angelwings51
07-08-2003, 06:40 AM
PM me your addy, I will send you a postcard, no need to send one back :) I think this is cool!!!

KimNRandy
07-08-2003, 06:46 AM
PM me your address too..I'll be happy to send you some postcards! :)

MsLynn
07-08-2003, 08:11 AM
Pm me too

NoFoolPrice
07-08-2003, 08:21 AM
Aww, sweetie, you know I will be sending cards to you from our vacation next month. All you have to do is think happy thoughts and get well soon (easier said than done, eh Tiger?)

MsLynn
07-09-2003, 01:01 PM
went out in todays mail, should have it soon

nonda
07-09-2003, 07:08 PM
I'd love to do this....if you will pm me your addy I'll send you something from Indianapolis next month!

You'll have to let us know how it's going, sounds like a really kewl idea!

Ladytiger
07-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by nonda
I'd love to do this....if you will pm me your addy I'll send you something from Indianapolis next month!

You'll have to let us know how it's going, sounds like a really kewl idea!

Nonda-I am in Indianapolis.
Like I said, my surgery is next month, but I wish I could meet you.

Thanks {{{{everyone}}}}}. The response is so awesome and has giving me something to look forward to!! I have been cutting out stuff, and it's really coming along. It's kind of strange when your life begins at 38 and you begin remembering things from WAY back, but it's also fun looking at things so much differently.It's a whole new world for me. When I am totally through this, I am going to make a website all about it.
*Edited to add-the reason for the site, is to help others that have gone through this, I may be one voice, but hopefully I will be heard when I say that depression is so debilitating, as is stress. I will keep everyone posted-I will need some lessons in website making too.

nonda
07-10-2003, 03:31 PM
well send me your addy and I will send ya something from here! (((((HUGS TO YOU)))))

netsis61
07-10-2003, 04:45 PM
PM me your addy. I'll get a posty out to you!

janelle
07-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by netsis61
PM me your addy. I'll get a posty out to you!

A posty?? You sound like you are in England or from there. Am I right?:confused:

BeanieLuvR
07-11-2003, 11:53 AM
Ladytiger, please pm me your address. I am going on vacation and will try to pick up a postcard from the places we visit. I will then mail them all together in an envelope to you when I get home. I hope you feel well enough to travel soon. :)