PDA

View Full Version : Soaps...Do You Watch Them? And If So Why?

tsquared
07-04-2003, 03:27 PM
Does anyone watch the afternoon soaps?? and if you do why> They dont seem to make any sense to me....seems all it is is who is sleeping with who and who is mad at who.....how do you keep it all straight???? I am just curious so dont get all lathered up over the question please and thank you.

Ladytiger
07-04-2003, 03:49 PM
Who needs to watch them when you have BBS?

Seriously, my mom was a diehard General Hospital fan-I grew up watching that, watched it when I was older, then got into Days of Our Lives. That had alot more mystery or so I thought. Now, I don't and won't watch that.

Maggie02
07-04-2003, 03:53 PM
I used to watch soaps years ago but have not in a very long time. Soaps are to women what those wrestling shows are to men.....both are soaps and planned.

MsLynn
07-04-2003, 03:53 PM
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

cleaningla
07-04-2003, 03:59 PM
I watched Days of Our Lives when I broke my leg, decided I'd keep watching it util John told Marlena he loved her. Gave up waiting after 4 months.

I watched Ryan's Hope in my teens, that was a good show and it was only a half hour. Don't watch any now.

justme23
07-04-2003, 04:05 PM
I watch GH a couple days a week... I can't not know the story, but at the same time it disgusts me... go figure.

Shancopp
07-04-2003, 04:31 PM
I was a big Days fan for years........til Marlena got "possessed". That was soooo stupid, I said to heck w/ this!! Don't follow any now.

mlathroum
07-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Have been Hooked on "Days" since I was little and my Mom watched it. Hubby's Mom watched it too and he is more hooked then I am. I can watch it once a week and know what is going on though. So I normally watch it on Monday's when Hubby is off so we can watch together.

Merryg
07-04-2003, 06:27 PM
General Hospital since FOREVER!!!! My Mom got me hooked when I was young. Then I got away from it, but then got back into it in college and now I am a faithful watcher!! ONe hour a day - that's all I ask for!!!!

SaraSmiles
07-04-2003, 07:07 PM
I use to watch the soaps with my mother and sometimes with my grandma.
When the actor who played Timmy was on Passions, i watched almost everyday. Since, his death i just do not watch anymore. :(

FreeIs4Me
07-04-2003, 07:30 PM
I have been watching All My Children, One Life to Live, General Hospital & now Port Charles (but it used to be whatever the 1/2 hour one was that was on before All My Children) since I was little, with my Mom. If I am home when they are on (MAYBE) once a week, I will watch them. Lately, I haven't been home when they are on, so it has been about a month since I have seen any of them. I used to tape them, but for the last few years, the VCR has been in my daughters room & her television doesn't even have rabbit ears so I can't tape anymore. :( Now to follow what is going on, I just log on the the soap opera update pages on line. Reading it on the 'puter just isn't the same as watching them though!!

I keep hoping that General Hospital will become as good as it used to be when Luke & Laura weren't married yet, & when Blackie & Dr. Noah Drake was on the show. They had good story lines back then! ;)

Mini
07-04-2003, 07:34 PM
So i'm the only one here who watches As the World Turns? not sure why i got into it..never use to watch any soaps but i was flippin through the channels one day when i was sick and just decided to watch it out of boredom and i got hooked.

Xica
07-04-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Ladytiger
Who needs to watch them when you have BBS?

That's the truth. :eek:

oh but I do watch One Life to Live most days. It's a habit. :rolleyes:

Gumball1960
07-04-2003, 11:42 PM
Bit of news for the Port Charles watchers.. it's being cancelled as of October 3rd. I used to watch it for a while until it kept coming on here later & later each night (comes on at 2:05AM) and the vampire storyline they have was getting so bad that old episodes of Dark Shadows were more fun. Now I stick with Days of Our Lives. It's dumb too but it has it's moments. :)

VenusA423
07-05-2003, 07:35 AM
The only soap I ever watched was Knots Landing and I only caught the last 2 seasons of that show. But it came on at night, I remember my mom letting me stay up to watch it with her. :p

DBackFan
07-05-2003, 07:47 AM
I watch All My Children and One Life to Live and if I miss it I catch it on Soap Net that night :D

squirt
07-05-2003, 08:19 AM
I watched Ryan's Hope years ago. Don't watch any now. Hey we have enough strife in our own lives. I know, I know,it's all make believe. But is it!!!!! As Ladytiger says we have bbs, we don't need anything more.
Have a good day people, and stay safe this weekend.

magenta
07-05-2003, 09:52 AM
I watch Days, As the World Turns almost every day. I have been watching Days forever. I watch it because my mom watched it.

I picked up As the World Turns when my ALL TIME FAVORITE soap Another World was cancelled. I love it now.

On SoapNet they just picked up Another World On the 1st. I am back hooked on that.

I used to be real bad, I would watch young & restless, Days, AW, Sunset Beach, Guiding Light and The Bold and the Beautiful.

What can I say I am a soap junkie. Even when it comes to nighttime soaps!

KrystallizedFlame
07-05-2003, 10:19 AM
I am a Y&R fan. I have been watching it for 19 yrs. I tape it everyday so I can watch it when I get home from work. I even got my oldest daughter who is 11 hooked on it now...lol. She will say ooohh mom Y&R was really good today. lol

Taterbo
07-07-2003, 10:27 PM
I LOVE the soaps on the BBC..Ballykissangle and the Eastenders are so different from US soaps. They just seem to be more 'real' than the ones that are on now. I miss Dark Shadows,Peyton Place and the Doctors. I will also be mad at NBC forever for taking Another World off the air. JMHO.:)

schsa
07-08-2003, 04:10 PM
All My Children. I tape it and watch it in the evening because I really don't like most television and I can fast forward through the commericals. Why? Because I've been watching it since the begining and I keep thinking how strange it is that wealthy people would prefer to live in a hotel or a boarding house rather than their own house or apartment? And who is paying for all of those designer gowns that the poor people have to wear to all of those fancy parties? Even worse is that they keep marrying each other making the inbreeding worse than an isolated village in the mountains where no one ever marries outside of their family cousins.

It's complete fantasy and completely mindless. I don't have to keep up with the story to know what's going on. And if I don't like the story line, I fast forward through it until I find something I like better until the story improves.