PDA

View Full Version : Cat killer in Denver Colorado!

Lisa03
07-02-2003, 10:57 AM
I wished I could find this person & strangle them myself
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- Four more dead cats have been found in the Denver area, heightening fear among pet owners that a serial cat killer is in their midst.

Authorities say at least 40 mutilated cats have been discovered in Denver and its suburbs in the past year, including four killed over the weekend. The toll in Salt Lake City is 10 cats and another unidentified animal.

Christy Hughes had stopped reading stories about the attacks. Then her husband found the eviscerated body of their 15-year-old cat, Bugsy, outside the front door of their Aurora home two weeks ago.

"I blame myself, because had I read it, I never would have let my cat outside," she said Monday. "I've had a hard time forgiving myself for that."

Authorities are worried that despite the attacks, pet owners still are letting their cats roam outside.

"I've had people say, 'They don't like to stay inside,"' said Temma Martin, spokeswoman for Salt Lake County Animal Services. "Well, look at the stakes here."

In several cases, it appears the attacker kills the cat, then taunts the owner by bringing back the remains. Some of the animals were cut with surgical precision. Some may have been killed by another animal.

The Colorado penalty for aggravated cruelty to animals is up to 18 months in jail and a $100,000 fine.

Hughes said Bugsy was attacked sometime between 1 a.m., when he last went out, and 6:15 a.m., when he was found dead.

She said she is "retraining" her two kids and husband not to let their two kittens outside anymore.

"For a week I couldn't sleep because I just kept seeing my cat over and over," she said. "It breaks my heart seeing somebody else go through this."

why would someone do this????? This is so cruel!

ksmomof2
07-02-2003, 11:03 AM
:mad: OMG! This makes me absolutely sick to my stomach!! How can anyone be so cruel and twisted! :( I hope this person is caught and punished severely!:mad:

sharinbo
07-02-2003, 11:21 AM
They need to find the person who is killing these animals and make an example of him/her. Punish them to the FULL extent of the law and show people that they take this seriously. So many times people say, "Oh, it's just an animal." Well, my animals ARE my children. If someone hurts one of my babies, they'd better HOPE the law gets to them before I do!

julie_angel
07-02-2003, 06:27 PM
sick, sick, sick, and EVIL!!!:mad:

justme23
07-02-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Lisa03
The Colorado penalty for aggravated cruelty to animals is up to 18 months in jail and a $100,000 fine.

I hope this is PER cat!

BigLyd1
07-02-2003, 08:42 PM
I don't know if I should have read this. I'm sad right now because I can't find one of my cats. At least I don't live in that area. But I hope my cat is okay, wherever he is. :(

Duo
07-02-2003, 09:34 PM
Cats belong INDOORS, we have 10 cats and they do not go outside except the backyard which is fenced in by a 6 ft wooden fence. And only then under supervision by my wife and I.

If you wnat a cat as a pet then keep him/her indoors.

Peter :)

Syrinx
07-03-2003, 04:11 PM
I heard this on the news yesterday and think it's horrible. I hope they catch this sicko soon and send them to prison for a very long time!

What really bothers me is that a lot of people have been ignoring the warnings and still letting their cats out. Why would you take that risk?!

mlayton1994
07-04-2003, 05:43 AM
this is so horrible. This is so cruel.