PDA

View Full Version : ? about buying off ebay

ladybugbhb
07-02-2003, 09:47 AM
i bought sammy's bday gift off ebay. i sent the pmt through paypal to the woman on monday evening and have not heard from her yet, other than the first email i got from her asking what his name was so she can embroider his name on it that is all. how long does it usually take to hear from them and am i worrying over nothing? it took alot for me to get the amt of paypal i used and them still had to transfer from my credit card. she had all good feedback, but it was only about 30 or so. please help settle my nerves,lol!!!!

MrsSpeed
07-02-2003, 09:57 AM
You could always email the seller and ask that she notify you when the item is shipped and a confirmation number (if available).

I wouldn't worry just yet. I've bought from sellers that didn't communicate that well. I just bought something a few weeks ago and the only email I got was that the item was mailed. I used "Buy it Now" and paid by paypal immediately. It was by far the easiest auction I've dealt with.

ladybugbhb
07-02-2003, 12:59 PM
i already emailed her yesterday and ask her if she got the paypal and to let me knwo when it was shipped and have not heard from her. this is the first thing i have bought from ebay and i skeered.lol

cole70
07-02-2003, 01:19 PM
I buy off ebay all the time. Alot of the time the sellers will not communicate with you. Sometimes I dont even get an acknoledgement of my payment. But so far I have never been burned (KNOCK ON WOOD)!

I wouldnt worry! If she had good feedback then go off of that! Read what others had to say about her/him. (Even people with a few negs are good people as well)

suziebee20
07-02-2003, 01:28 PM
Been there many a times. I emailed on woman 3 times on an outfit because she never told me she got my MO, didn't leave feedback aknowledging it, or replied to my previous emails. It just showed up in my mailbox on afternoon. Most sellers, like Cole mentioned, don't communicate with you that much, if at all. I don't like that to tell the truth, I'm the kind of person who wishes people would let you know they got $$ by leaving feedback, then mail your item with a little note including their screen name/item number so I know who it's coming from when I have about 5 coming at once! I'll bet she is either still working on putting the name on it, or she has already shipped it.

ladybugbhb
07-03-2003, 05:53 AM
ok great news! ( i think) she did email me yesterday. i had emailed her tuesday and wednesday, so she must have been a little frustrated with me bc the email had all caps huge letters that said yes i got your paypal and i will ship in the morning priority. and asked again what the name was and what color of stitching i wanted. anyway, hopefully it will get here. i am not in a hurry for it to, his bday is not until the 30th, but i would like to know when it is sent and all that. thank you guys! i appercitate all the replies.