PDA

View Full Version : How much water are you suppose to drink everyday???

magicwoman19
06-26-2003, 01:11 PM
I just started drinking water again, havent really drank any since I had Savannah, so I know I need it, specailly with this stupid hot weather. So how much are you suppose to drink everyday???? TIA, Lisa

cpbaby
06-26-2003, 01:15 PM
Some people say 8 glasses, but I have read here lately as long sa you arent thirsty, you are drinking enough.

I have always heard if your urine is clear(not dark and cloudy) then you are drinking enough water.

julie_angel
06-26-2003, 01:16 PM
I believe it is 8 glasses a day. You can never drink too much, especially in the summer.:cool:

justme23
06-26-2003, 01:16 PM
I think they say 8 8oz glasses a day is a good amount. Hubby and I just started ordering water from Ozarka in the 5 gallon bottles... previously we had been buying the sports bottles by the case and it was costing us a fortune... this is much cheaper and water is so good for you. Good for you for getting back on it.

Xica
06-26-2003, 01:18 PM
I think it's recommended to drink AT LEAST 64 oz/day.

Some people suggest to use your weight in determining how much water you need. If you weigh 120 pounds, for example, 60 ounces of water is sufficient. 140 pounds, then 70 ounces of water, and so on. (divide weight in half, drink that # in ounces)

Whatever works for you.

magicwoman19
06-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Thank you, I just thought that I needed to, They fussed at me big time when I was pregnant, said I wasn't drinking enough, said to drink a gallon a day, so I just wondered what it was for the non pregnant people! I have drank 16 oz today, how many oz is 8 glasses??

tiffany21
06-26-2003, 01:20 PM
you are suspose to have 8 glasses a day

magicwoman19
06-26-2003, 01:20 PM
Oh thank you, I bet i gotta drink ALOT then, LOL!!!

magicwoman19
06-26-2003, 01:21 PM
73 oz. I better start drinking then:eek:

julie_angel
06-26-2003, 01:22 PM
Lisa, drink about 7 of those bottles. If you can drink that much! Just keep sipping it all day, and that is enough.
Justme: I love those five gallon bottle things. My sister has one. I just got a pur water filter, and I LOVE it! The bottled water was costing me a fortune, and this makes it easier to make the babies bottles.

magicwoman19
06-26-2003, 01:26 PM
I am thinking about getting those 5 gallon thingys, how much are they, I am going to talk to dh about getting one! That will be better than buying those bottles!

julie_angel
06-26-2003, 01:29 PM
I don't know how much they go for, I can't afford one right now, but they have had them on sale at Wal-mart lately. I got the pur filter that goes on the faucet, it was about 26.00, and came with your choice of a free pitcher or a free water bottle. You do have to buy filters every once in a while, but it still equals out to be cheaper compared to how many water bottles I was buying. They also sell the pitchers that filter the water, wich is even cheaper.

magicwoman19
06-26-2003, 01:31 PM
Yeah, we can't afford one right now either, we got those water bottles on sale at Kroger, a 24 pk for 3.00! So that is why we got em.

justme23
06-26-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by magicwoman19
I am thinking about getting those 5 gallon thingys, how much are they, I am going to talk to dh about getting one! That will be better than buying those bottles!

I get mine delivered by Ozarka, we get 2 5 gallon bottles and 2 3 gallon bottles plus rental fee on the stand for 25 dollars a month... They're also running a special right now where you get 2 FREE cases of the sport bottles when you sign up (we saved ours and rinse them out w/ hot water and soap and just refill them). You can buy a 3 gallon bottle at super wal-mart w/ a pour spout on the bottom for the fridge that you can refill there too... but I've been told by ppl that work there that the filters are NEVER changed and so you are just paying for tap water, which is why I chose Ozarka instead. Other than Evian, it's the only water I will drink anyways... if I can SMELL it, I aint drinkin it.

magicwoman19
06-26-2003, 01:39 PM
That is how I am, I will have to tell dh when he gets home, and after we move, we will have to start getting that! Thank you!