PDA

View Full Version : Do your pets...

Ladytiger
06-25-2003, 07:59 PM
ever look around like they are watching something that isn't there? What I mean is, my cats often look up at "soemthing" and follow it around the room, with the eyes and their head-but there is *nothing* there. Creepy.

Danny
06-25-2003, 08:08 PM
All the time.
Our "nothing" may be "something" to them. I always felt that they could detect auras - my cats seem to gravitate towards whoever is sick or sad and in need of comfort.
And then there is that pesky ghost.....

SaraSmiles
06-25-2003, 08:15 PM
We brought a very old house. My yorkie would watch something all the time. Now, our new dog and the new kitty does the same thing.
We have heard and i have even seen a figure in the hallway. So, yes i think they r more open to things that majority of people r not. :)

BigLyd1
06-25-2003, 08:18 PM
My cats do that too. And I wonder what they're looking at. Speaking about seeing auras or whatever, my friendly cat that loves people started growling one time. Then this guy I've never seen before and haven't seen since walked by. Spooky.

Danny
06-25-2003, 08:35 PM
I attribute it to the fact that an animal's senses are much more evolved than ours in many ways.

kasdean
06-25-2003, 09:01 PM
My dog barks at nothing all the time. It is like he hears something that I don't and he doesn't want to stop barking. It is creepy b/c a man came by a few years back and said his grandfather built this house. The man said he was born here and his grandfather died here. Maybe my dog sees him.??

janelle
06-25-2003, 11:52 PM
Animals hearing and sight are so much better than ours. I bet your dog is barking cause he hears something so far off you can't hear it.
And they can see things we can't unless we had a magnifying glass.

They are just being animals.

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
06-26-2003, 12:10 AM
Gotta go with the ghost theory... I had a ghost here for a while that the cat was scared to death of.
He's also really good about tattling...if he sees someone in the neighborhood near the property or cars, he will sprint down the hall to whereever I am and then run back to whereever he saw whatever, and will come get me again if I don't follow. Smart cat.

justme23
06-26-2003, 01:10 AM
I have a bird, but she basically reacts in the same basic way as far as watching. She also has a very pronounced 'I'm angry, do something NOW' sort of 'talk'. It's different than her I wanna play squawk. Sometimes in the middle of the night, even while covered, or alone in the room, she will just start 'cussin' (she's not really, but this is kinda what it sounds like, the same 'attitude' of a person throwing a fit cause they are angry) up a storm. She does this when she gets spooked or scared... I usually know what's pissed her off (like a lack of attention, since she thinks she's supposed to get it *when* she wants it, or thunder, it terrifies her), but sometimes I have no clue and I wonder if maybe it's cause 'something' is in the house. I often time see shapes moving out of the corner of my eye and I'm fine w/ it, but if she gets angry around the same time then I very loudly say 'All evil things get out of my house in the name of Jesus Christ'. Just something I've done all my life... and it calms both of us down that very instant. I get a feel of calm and she goes back to being a loving bird. So I guess that's why I always think it's some 'body' rather than some 'thing'. But who knows.

Sunee
06-26-2003, 02:02 AM
My dog does that. I think a lot pets <and children lol> do that :p.

~MK~
06-26-2003, 05:46 AM
Yep. ALL my creatures are CRAZZZZZZZZZY. :p

YYounghouse
06-26-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Danny
All the time.
Our "nothing" may be "something" to them. I always felt that they could detect auras - my cats seem to gravitate towards whoever is sick or sad and in need of comfort.
And then there is that pesky ghost.....

I try not to get to personal here, but
I will share this.
When I was getting a divorce a long long time ago
my daughters cat ( who I promise you, hated me before this time, actually LEFT the room when I came in-- sounds silly, but it did hurt my feelings)anyway, this cat began following me everywhere. Even waiting for me to come out of the powder room. After I felt better,
and got myself together, she stopped hanging out with me. But, I have never forgotten her measure of friendship- that cat, my kids my job
and my best friend- healed me.

DOOFIS
06-26-2003, 06:35 AM
Mine do the same thing too!

lpelham
06-26-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by YYounghouse
I will share this.
my daughters cat ( who I promise you, hated me before this time, actually LEFT the room when I came in-- sounds silly, but it did hurt my feelings)anyway, this cat began following me everywhere. Even waiting for me to come out of the powder room. After I felt better,
and got myself together, she stopped hanging out with me. But, I have never forgotten her measure of friendship- that cat, my kids my job

Aren't animals great? My cats know when I am either sick or just feeling down in the dumps and seem to love on me more. I love my fur babies :-)

Libby

tiffany21
06-26-2003, 08:30 AM
all the time. and when I look their is nothing their

janelle
06-26-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by YYounghouse
I will share this.

AWWWWWW, that's so sweet and they say cats are allof and don't care about anything. So untrue.