PDA

View Full Version : Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

DBackFan
06-24-2003, 07:53 AM
I got up too late to have more than 1 cup of coffee. I have to have a CT Scan done today at 10AM and they said absolutely nothing by mouth for 4 hours prior to the procedure. Lovely....my next sip will be some lovely barium....its the special of the day don't you know!

Just an update. Surgeon wanted to have the CT Scan done before he operates on my Ventral Hernia. Also while doing pre op stuff I got an abnormal EKG back so went and had a stress test. I failed. Now I see a cardiologist and they are going to inject dye of some kind and then drug induce a stress on my heart to see where the blockage or whatever is. I guess your heart sends off electrical currents quickly and one of mine is moving REALLY slow.

Soooo.....I am just falling apart! Now they want me to quit smoking of course and I said MAYBE after I get through all this!

......wonders if nothing by mouth means smoking this morning too? :eek:

tiffany21
06-24-2003, 08:10 AM
hugs

justme23
06-24-2003, 09:24 AM
I had the stress test you are having done a few months ago... it's only about 20 minutes long, but it is well honestly it scared me alot. But I've been through worse things and I'm sure you have too. And yes, nothing by mouth does include no cigarettes. BTW, I smoke too, I was sent to the cardiologist because I went in to have surgery and the anesthesia made my heart rate shoot up to 150 which scared my OS. You aren't allowed caffeine or nicotine for 24 hours BEFORE the stress test and my heart rate went down some 20 points all by itself (it's normally between 98 and 110, normal is somewhere in the lower 80s I think)... so I am in the same boat you are, I need to quit, I *know* I need to quit... but maybe I will have the will power to do it soon.

Anyways *hugz* and good luck. You will do fine and I will keep you in my prayers.

squirt
06-24-2003, 09:27 AM
((((((((((( thinking of you )))))))))))
hugs to you

Princess4J
06-24-2003, 09:27 AM
THE KEY PHRASE HERE IS "BY MOUTH" ;)

HOW BAD DO YOU WANT YOUR COFFEE ????

OK, JUST TRYING TO MAKE YOU SMILE.

{{{HUGZ}}}

DON'T FALL PART, WE NEED YOU INTACT
FOR THE PICNIC !!!! :) :) :) :)

DBackFan
06-24-2003, 02:34 PM
Well I had the CT Scan and had to have an IV and everything. :( Now after drinking all of that barium it has decided to leave my body in an ungodly fashion. :eek: My tummy hurts and I am going to lay down for awhile.

OHHH came home to a letter from the radiologist now and it says my mammogram was abnormal too! WTH is going on?????????

1busymomma
06-24-2003, 03:56 PM
(((((((((((((((dbackfan))))))))))))))))

NCgranny
06-24-2003, 09:37 PM
I pray all turns out ok....