PDA

View Full Version : Stupid pills

midniteblu2
06-17-2003, 10:10 AM
My doctor put me on these pills & they are making me higher than a kite and I am not even on full dosage yet.
Has anyone here ever taken NEURONTIN? It is supposed to be for seizures but I have it to treat RSD.
I am hating this medication. I am having a hard time concetrating on typing this. hubby thinks I should be able to drive while taking this. IS HE NUTS or am I being a baby?

kaylaandbrittanysmom
06-17-2003, 10:13 AM
My mom takes 10 a day for her RSD.She is able to drive now while taking them.It took her a week to get used to them though.Good Luck.

midniteblu2
06-17-2003, 10:21 AM
10 a DAY???? OY VEY! *LOL* Tomorrow I am up to taking 3/day. Did those pills make your Mom dizzy for awhile?

kaylaandbrittanysmom
06-17-2003, 10:29 AM
For the first week it was pretty rough.Once you get on them do not stop suddenly.She got very sick last year and could not take them for 2 days.She did not know who anyone was(not even her own mother and father).The doctors told her to never stop fully taking the meds.
She has severe RSD,with no appearant cause(she was never in an accident).She has the doctors at the mayo clinic baffled.If you have any other ques.,feel free to PM me.I can always call mom and ask her anything about her RSD.

midniteblu2
06-17-2003, 10:37 AM
THANKS!

Shancopp
06-17-2003, 11:44 AM
What is RSD? Just curious....good luck on your new medicine!

tiffany21
06-17-2003, 12:01 PM
happy pills :D I used them once and wow did they do a number on me :D becareful my friend

magicwoman19
06-17-2003, 12:27 PM
My friend was just dignosed with RSD and in January she went to Flordia to see a doctor about it and they did surgery on her. She was loosing strength in her arm and all the way down her side. So they had to act fast!

jonette5
06-17-2003, 07:25 PM
My hubby took those for a while but he got off of them cuz his side effects did not go away. He could not concentrate, remember things, he was dizzy and his hair was falling out like crazy! Watch this stuff it can be wicked! Hope it works better for you and you are doing well again real soon!

ajksmom
06-17-2003, 07:58 PM
My friend/neighbor takes them for seizures, and all she wants to do is sleep all day, which is not easy with 7 & a 4 year olds. And yes she does feel weird while on them, but her biggest issue is being tired, we can be sitting here at my kitchen talking and she will just nod off.
No judging from her experiences you are not being a baby, and as for driving I know she can't because of doctors orders. If you choose to, please be careful.
Hope you feel better with them soon.

Barbi_Route66
06-17-2003, 08:18 PM
My mom took neurontin for a couple of months after she had surgery. She has spinal stenosis.

kaylaandbrittanysmom
06-17-2003, 08:58 PM
RSD is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome...Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome, also known as CRPS, is a progressive disease of the Autonomic Nervous System that can follow a simple trauma (fall or sprain) a break or fracture (especially wrist and ankle) a sharp force injury (such as a knife or bullet wound), heart problems, infections, surgery, RSI/CTS, spinal injuries/disorders, or major trauma.

It is a multi-symptom condition affecting one, two, or sometimes even all four of the extremities. It can also be in the face, shoulders, back, eyes, and other areas as well. It may spread from one part of the body to another regardless of where the original injury occurred; and RSD can spread in up to 70% of the cases.(1)

In a small number of cases it can become Systemic or body-wide. RSDS is an involvement of nerves, skin, muscles, blood vessels (causing constriction and pain) as well as bones.