PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Yakasabe Noodles in the produce section....

hiltonqueen
06-16-2003, 07:38 PM
I used to buy them in Oregon. They are in a flat bag (I can't remember the name), the noddles are in a plastic bag that you slice a small hole into, then you put a little water in there & microwave them for about a minute. Then you loosen them up with your hands while they are still in the bag. After that, you can throw them in a pan & add the seasoning packet (comes with it) & some veggies.

This stuff is wonderfull, but I think that Alabama is behind in the times a little, and this may just be a little too trendy for a produce section here.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about??

Have you seen or tried them??

I want to find them online or put in a request through Publix, or order on the internet...

Thanks for your help :D

justinenycole26
06-16-2003, 07:40 PM
Publix will special-order, just ask them! Never heard of them, but they sound yummy.

aneisu
06-16-2003, 07:47 PM
Do you mean Yakisoba noodles? You can make your own - read this -

http://japanesefood.about.com/library/weekly/aa090902a.htm

BigLyd1
06-16-2003, 07:53 PM
I know what you're talking about. As a matter of fact I've had an urge for those lately. I guess you don't have specialty stores there. How about any huge grocery stores?

hiltonqueen
06-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Ravenlost
That's probably because everyone in Alabama knows that grits are the best thing around.
Grits to me, are cream of wheat. I like sugar on them :)

hiltonqueen
06-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by BigLyd1
I know what you're talking about. As a matter of fact I've had an urge for those lately. I guess you don't have specialty stores there. How about any huge grocery stores?

Yeah, I have big grocery stores, but I've never seen them. Could you find out the name of the so I can order from Publix?

They're good huh?

hiltonqueen
06-16-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by aneisu
Do you mean Yakisoba noodles? You can make your own - read this -

http://japanesefood.about.com/library/weekly/aa090902a.htm

Yeah, I saw that web site too, but I'm too lazy to make them :)
I'd rather have instant! They are soooo good, you can't tell the difference.

You know those booths at fairs or home shows, where they give you a big ole plate full of them? That what they taste like, they are yummy :D

hiltonqueen
06-16-2003, 08:05 PM
I just found a web site & they might be called "Maruchan Yakisoba", not positive though

BigLyd1
06-16-2003, 08:48 PM
I think Maruchan is a company that would make these. I'll have to check around. It'll give me an excuse to buy some too.

suziebee20
06-16-2003, 09:32 PM
Mmmmmm... we get ours from the orental market, do you have one of those around. maybe you could check there!

annie169
06-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Yes, they are VERY Good!! In the store where I buy them, they are in the deli section with the ethnic foods that need refrigeration. Try there!!

unicorn9149
06-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Went to the produce section of Safeway and found these.
Fortune Brand Yakisoba stir fry noodles. (yes the directions were like you said for microwaving.)
JSL Foods, Inc
Los Angeles, CA 90051

www.jslfoods.com

Hope this is what you needed

hiltonqueen
06-17-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by unicorn9149
Went to the produce section of Safeway and found these.
Fortune Brand Yakisoba stir fry noodles. (yes the directions were like you said for microwaving.)
JSL Foods, Inc
Los Angeles, CA 90051

www.jslfoods.com

Hope this is what you needed

Yep, that's them!! Thanks! I'll email them & ask if they are sold in Alabama...

unicorn9149
06-17-2003, 08:04 AM
Good Luck

hiltonqueen
06-20-2003, 02:54 PM
Anyone willing to buy about 5 packs of these & sending them to me? I can pay for postage & add $2.00 for your trouble...

I have paypal.

The company just emailed me look:

Debra...

Sorry, we have no distribution in the Alabama area. Thanks for the inquiry.....

Will be sure to look into the contact form on the website.

Thanks...Terri

BigLyd1
06-20-2003, 03:56 PM
I had assumed you meant the refrigerated ones. But I guess not since those wouldn't last. I'll keep my eyes out for them and let you know if I find any. And you were looking for the Maruchan brand?

hiltonqueen
06-20-2003, 04:01 PM
Yes these:
http://www.jslfoods.com/site/images/stirfrynoodles_splay.gif

They are refrigerated, but do you really think that they would go bad that fast?

BigLyd1
06-20-2003, 04:05 PM
I really don't know. I'll have to check around. But doesn't it say "perishable" on the front of it?