PDA

View Full Version : I'm so frustrated!!! My Lawyer has tried to get a bill....

hiltonqueen
06-16-2003, 08:03 AM
For months now!!! I had 3 MRI's on 3/1/03, my lawsuite cannot close untill we get this stupid bill!!! They have requested this bill 5 times, & even paid for it... but still no bill. My lawyer told me that if we bug them too much, they may not send it at all... because they are irritated with my lawyer.... is this true??
And the thing is, they have already been paid by my insurance, the bill came to about $7,000 & I owe nothing.
I called the hospital myself & asked if I could have a copy of it & the woman told me that she would put in a request that it be sent to me...
Can hospitals do this? Request money for copies of bills, & withhold the actual info that was paid for????

What the hell can I do????

ilvmy3babs
06-16-2003, 08:06 AM
i would personally go to the hospital and request it myself. maybe if they see u in person it will be easier to get.:)

twinkiesmom
06-16-2003, 08:07 AM
I'm not sure of the situation . . . but try calling the Ins carrier to see if they can send u a copy of the EOB (Explanation of Benefits) Some insurances send out these to let ppl know what's been paid and what hasn't. That'll give u a better idea of what was billed for.

aimefisher
06-16-2003, 08:47 AM
Go to the hospital records office and request it.

tiffany21
06-16-2003, 08:52 AM
go to the hospital records office and request it they have to give you a copy of your records.

hiltonqueen
06-16-2003, 08:58 AM
Is it that easy? Why is the lawyer having such a hard time.... they have a consent form from me???

hiltonqueen
06-16-2003, 09:07 AM
My lawyer has requested the MRI bill from the hospital 4 times... even paid for the faxes... but the hospital is sitting on their asses & refusing to send the bill because they are irritated by all the requests for this bill. Does that make sense? They don't want to be bothered over & over again, so they are making us wait untill they feel like sending it. My lawyers secretary said that you have to tippy toe around the billing company, because if you bug them too much, they'll make you wait months for the bill.
I've never heard such bullshi***********!

kelblend
06-16-2003, 09:19 AM
Kind of makes me wonder if your lawyer has a backbone. Dunno, sounds like he takes whatever is dished out to him. If your hubby has paid for the faxes and all, I would go and raise cain over them not fulfilling their part of the bargain. That's ridiculous. Yeah they charge to give you copies of stuff, it's amazing. Like a filing fee or something. As if that charge weren't there, they would be bombarded by unending requests for records. Whatever!! Go there and get your records!!

hiltonqueen
06-16-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by kelblend
Kind of makes me wonder if your lawyer has a backbone. Dunno, sounds like he takes whatever is dished out to him. If your hubby has paid for the faxes and all, I would go and raise cain over them not fulfilling their part of the bargain. That's ridiculous. Yeah they charge to give you copies of stuff, it's amazing. Like a filing fee or something. As if that charge weren't there, they would be bombarded by unending requests for records. Whatever!! Go there and get your records!!

Actually, it's my lawyers secretary that told me that, & they have paid those fees... if I had paid them, your right, I'd be raising hell.
I hope my lawyer has a backbone :( If he doesn't, then I'm screwed.
I just want this all over, I have medical bills that have gone to collection because what my insurance didn't pay, I couldn't afford. It's been over a year now since my accident & I'm ready for this to be done... settlement or not. It's a big headache, & I'm ready for some relief :rolleyes:

Donnagg123
06-16-2003, 11:46 AM
I needed some information of a rubella shot I had had after my son was born, and all I did was call and ask to be connected to medical records and the lady was really nice and said that they would call me when it was ready. She called the next day and I went to pick them up and all I had to do was show ID. They should do the same for you. Just call and ask. HTH :)

janelle
06-16-2003, 02:39 PM
I would get involved personally. Maybe your lawyer is stalling. I don't trust lawyers. Talk directly to the billing department and find out what the hold up is.