PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Callwave?

MrsSpeed
06-13-2003, 07:51 AM
I've been using Callwave for a couple of years now. I recently switched ISPs and now I get booted off all the time. I'm wondering if it's cause by the Callwave. I turned it off and haven't been booted off (yet). Anyone else have this problem? What other answering services are there for dial up? Thanks.

magicwoman19
06-13-2003, 07:58 AM
My mom used to use call wave, and after she disconnected it and stuff, it still showed up on her phone line, and everytime she was on the phone with someone, it was say thanks for using callwave, uddauddaudda, and when you dial the number for it it would say this number not exsit. She still can't get it off her line.

MrsSpeed
06-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Oh lovely. :rolleyes:

shelhop
06-13-2003, 08:08 AM
My service is called Internet Call Waiting. I really like it. I've never had any problems. It rings in, and you can answer, disconnecting your computer, or you can tell them to "Call me back" or "I'll call you back". You can also ignore it, or send them to your voice mail. It's very handy.

MrsSpeed
06-13-2003, 08:10 AM
I've been having alot of problems with this computer anyhow. The motherboard is bad. It's time is limited. LOL!! It takes me hours sometimes to get my computer to start up. :eek: But once it's up it runs just about normal. I'm trying to figure out why I get booted repeatedly. I try to keep my programs to a minimum so I don't bog it down or whatever. Either that or it's the ISP. I'm just about ready to call them.

cpbaby
06-13-2003, 03:52 PM
DO you have call waiting? If you do and it isnt turned off when you dial your isp, when someone calls, it will boot you.

almalady
06-13-2003, 06:05 PM
I had call wave but canceled when they said they were going to start to charge for it. I called my phone company and told them to cancel my call forwarding.

aneisu
06-13-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by magicwoman19
My mom used to use call wave, and after she disconnected it and stuff, it still showed up on her phone line, and everytime she was on the phone with someone, it was say thanks for using callwave, uddauddaudda, and when you dial the number for it it would say this number not exsit. She still can't get it off her line.

That's not a CallWave problem. She needs to have the call forwarding taken off of her phone line. That is done through the phone company.

nanajoanie
06-13-2003, 07:01 PM
I used to have 'callwave' a couple of years ago and had nothing but problems with it. And it was a nightmare getting rid of it. Glad some of you are doing good with it though......

KATinKY
06-13-2003, 07:08 PM
I had used callwave for several years, and I also sware by it, I never had any problems with it. I also pay monthly for it to see who is calling, and the choice to take the call or let them leave a messege, also when I am not even connected to the computer and someone calls and my line is busy, it goes to my email addy to let me know the number that called and i missed it. I love callwave.

erinsgirl32
06-14-2003, 08:49 PM
alternative for some

I have just switched my "call forwarding when busy" to my cellphone number. It costs exactly the same every month, but now I don't just get the message...I get the call. Just check it out with your telephone service provider. One call, 10 minutes and I was set up. Hope it helps someone.

Gumball1960
06-14-2003, 10:14 PM
I recently signed up for DSL so as soon as I get it hooked up on here I can be online and still have the phoneline free for incoming and outgoing calls. I need to call tech help to walk me through the installation so I don't mess it up. :)