PDA

View Full Version : Wow! My Bank Was Robbed This Afternoon....

trufflez
06-12-2003, 05:58 PM
I was listening to the end of the news and they mentioned a bank in Washington being robbed and they are still looking for the suspect. I checked out the news's website and it's my bank. Nothing ever happens in this neck of the woods! And I have to go in there first thing in the morning.

Xica
06-12-2003, 06:00 PM
Damn! That's scary. The good news is that you're going tomorrow, I doubt they'll return to the scene of the crime. The thought sometimes occurs to me when I'm in a bank, "what if a nut comes in here to rob the place?" I like to get in an out as quickly as I can. lol

suziebee20
06-12-2003, 06:23 PM
That is scary. A credit union that opened up about 2 miles from my house was robbed, 2 guys drove off and were chased. They jumped out of there cars in my condo complex and threw money all over the place trying to get away. Good thing all the kids were at school when it happened. Hope they find the guys who did it!

PreciousDarlin
06-12-2003, 07:59 PM
There is a bank like 3 blocks from my house. A few years ago, a guy robbed the bank and took off to the nearby railroad tracks. He took off the baseball cap he was wearing and changed shirts and just walked down the tracks. Took the police 3 hours before they were able to catch him. Same bank was also robbed by a guy on a bike. Pathetic, huh?

MistyWolf
06-12-2003, 08:51 PM
I found out the bank I bank at was robbed last Thursday .. and my friends bank (different one) was robbed the same day! .. Seems to be an epidemic lately. Thank God my bank is FDIC .. lol.

spongebob
06-12-2003, 09:33 PM
westchester bank huh,, by hy-vee... hey neighbor.. we are in the same neck of woods couldn't belive it either... gonna get the paper tomorrow for more details i heard they only got a thousand dollars but who knows

BigLyd1
06-12-2003, 09:37 PM
I was in a liquor store that got robbed one time. Not a fun experience. I do my banking at the credit union so I don't worry about a robber there.

Babygurl03
06-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by BigLyd1
I was in a liquor store that got robbed one time. Not a fun experience. I do my banking at the credit union so I don't worry about a robber there.

Robberies can happen anywhere

Gumball1960
06-13-2003, 12:10 AM
My dad was working in a K-mart in Indianapolis when a group of people were casing the place and robbed & killed the Brinks guard. My dad even heard the gunshot. He transferred out of there a couple of months later.

imdetoo
06-13-2003, 03:47 AM
There's a bank right by my kids' school that has been robbed 3 times within this last school year. The last time happened a week before school let out and the school went on high alert lockdown. The kids were locked in the school and in their rooms. No one could walk down the hall unless they did it as a class. It was pretty scary. I'm thinking that bank needs to get a better security system.

trufflez
06-13-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by flower
westchester bank huh,, by hy-vee... hey neighbor.. we are in the same neck of woods couldn't belive it either... gonna get the paper tomorrow for more details i heard they only got a thousand dollars but who knows

Wow, you never get that many wow's from me within a couple days. All I've heard is the basics. It is going to be really wierd walking in there this morning. I've been wondering if I should ask the girls how they are doing. I would like to see the tape. I'm pretty sure they have cameras. I didn't realize someone on the board was so close! Cool!

spongebob
06-13-2003, 08:52 AM
yes ask girl get details.. we want to know.... and hope every one is okay,, yes i didn't know some one on here so close beside my sister..

trufflez
06-13-2003, 12:21 PM
Well, no new information. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have given me any if I had asked. There is a camera. I did ask Loretta if everyone was OK and she said they were fine. Only 2 of the ladies weren't working. This whole thing still blows me away!