PDA

View Full Version : Getting Prescriptions from Canada

mugwump
06-12-2003, 02:48 PM
A lady I correspond with in Georgia was asking if I could buy her prescriptions for her here in Canada and mail them to her, which I would willingly do if I could. Unfortunately, I can't get the prescription filled because it's not written by a Canadian doctor, and my pharmacist also told me that it is illegal for a private citizen to ship drugs across the border.

I remember someone posting here that they worked for a company that helped Americans get their scripts filled in Canada, but can't remember their name.

Help .... anyone? I'd like to get some details for my friend.

TIA

dobiesnj
06-12-2003, 03:04 PM
marci, if your friend has internet access and does a search for Canadian Pharmacies, a whole load will come up!! Most of them accept faxed prescriptions from American doctors.

Hope this helps!

mugwump
06-12-2003, 03:26 PM
Thanks dobies ... I'll let her know that.

bngomom
06-12-2003, 06:01 PM
My husband did this. Got rx from his dr. for 3 months worth of medicine. 1-866-791-7711 (toll free) rx1.biz/ They will mail you the informaton you need to send them. Very fast service, comes priority mail, I think the shipping is $6.50 or $9.50 for any order. The prices are about 1/3 what they would be here.

Their email address is rx1.biz/

mugwump
06-13-2003, 07:48 AM
Thanks bngomom ... I'll tell her. It's good to know that someone else has done this and been happy with the results.

mugwump
06-13-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Elusive Butterfly
man I need to check this out...
how can they do this and not get in any kind of trouble?

My pharmacist said that as long as the script is reviewed by a Canadian doctor, it is legal. I know one drug company (GW)is trying to stop it because they are losing millions of dollars ... their name is posted on a couple of the Canadian Pharmacy sites.

mugwump
06-13-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Elusive Butterfly
man I need to check this out...
how can they do this and not get in any kind of trouble?

My pharmacist said that as long as the script is reviewed by a Canadian doctor, it is legal. I know one drug company (GW)is trying to stop it because they are losing millions of dollars ... their name is posted on a couple of the Canadian Pharmacy sites.