PDA

View Full Version : I really need some help. :(

twinfawn
06-11-2003, 10:38 PM
My kids have been looking forward to going to see thier dad for weeks now, he was going to drive down here from Missouri to get them, but now says he has no way to get here.:( says his truck is in bad shape, and the person that was going to help him backed out at the last minute.......So here I sit with 2 really sad kids..:(, I have been trying to find some cheap airline tickets, but no luck so far...Any ideas????????? Thanks....:(

Kyla Kym
06-12-2003, 03:50 AM
That is so sad for your children :( My first thoughts are, they are probably better off then staying with you if he isn't responsible enough to keep his transportation running properly. What if there was an emergency while the kids were with him and that truck broke down on the way to the hospital. :(

I've never rented a car, are they to expensive for him to get one of them to come get the kids in?

mlayton1994
06-12-2003, 05:41 AM
try www.cheaptickets.com, airtran isn't to bad either just depends on if they fly in your area and his.

www.airtran.com,www.jetblue.com

Hope this helps a little.

Sorry to hear about this.

rain_cries
06-12-2003, 05:52 AM
Also, my SIL uses hotwire and she said they have really good prices.
www.hotwire.com

Maggie02
06-12-2003, 06:20 AM
Can you drive them there or possibly meet him and one of his friend's half way?

morris2b
06-12-2003, 06:24 AM
Once they get there, how are they going to get back home?
I know a break from kiddies sounds like a good idea, but make sure they have a way back home if they do go to dads...Good Luck in whatever decision that you make..

MsLynn
06-12-2003, 06:32 AM
have you tried Greyhound, to either get him out there, or you could ride with them to get them to him, they have some really cheap fairs right now if you purchase them in advance. just a thought

twinfawn
06-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Thanks everyone for your help, I am having all of the thoughs that everyone is mentioning, But they haven't seen him in three years and are about to have a fit to go up there, I am just reminded why I divorced the loser.....I am so happy to be with my husband of 6 years and to know he is there for me and the kids.... I can't drive to meet him because I had a stroke in January and my vision is messed up, they think it is depth perception, I have blown three new tires since Feburary...He told them two months ago that he was coming June 14th to get them and they have had their bags packed since......and just last night he calls to tell them he might nothave a way.......I just feel so sorry for them....even though it is probably a good thing for them to stay home.......It's not the first time he has shattered thier hopes.......My daughter is 12 and was really praying that he wouldn't hurt them again....

odyssey
06-12-2003, 02:34 PM
I really hope the kids get to see their dad.
I applaud you for trying also.
can't he come down with a bus or train?

good luck!

gravittr
06-12-2003, 05:53 PM
was it always the kids that hurt from our mistakes. i love my kids. and i still care about thier father(he left me). but god only gives us what we can handle. i just wish he didnt trust me with it all.

twinfawn
06-12-2003, 10:18 PM
gravittr, I know........No matter how many times that I say I will not let him hurt my kids again, The kids end up talking me into it.....I let them talk to him and plan to see him to keep from hurting them, and then they end up getting hurt in the end anyway.:(

justinenycole26
06-13-2003, 12:25 AM
Hotwire. Priceline, etc will not work. They do not sell tickets for minors traveling alone. We went thru the same thing last year to get my brothers to Missouri to see their dad. We tried them all, none of the online places would sell them tickets unless they were traveling with an adult. Sorry your kids have to go thru this.