PDA

View Full Version : He's leaving ALREADY!

sharinbo
06-11-2003, 07:07 PM
I'm so nervous and excited for my brother, Gabe. He leaves for camp TOMORROW and won't be home until the end of August!:eek: He'll have his 15th birthday there.:( He is SOOO overjoyed to be going. He is going to http://www.ftac.info , Flight Training Adventure Camp, and is doing the work-study camp beforehand in order to help with the cost of attending. He also wrote a kick-butt essay and it looks like he is getting a scholarship from Victorinox (they make Swiss Army knives) to help with the cost, as well. He's never traveled away from home alone before. I'm going to miss him so much...teenager attitude and all.
We will put him on the Greyhound bus tomorrow evening and he will arrive in Iowa on Friday afternoon.
Please send him "be safe" vibes!
I will not cry when I say goodbye! This is my vow! (yeah, right)

jaybird
06-11-2003, 07:08 PM
(((((shari)))))

What an exciting time for your brother though!

Ladytiger
06-11-2003, 07:14 PM
{{{{{sharinbo}}}} Think of all the fun he will have, the goody box that either you can send him or have for him when he gets back-and the scrapbook that you and him can pu together when he gets home.;)

MsPiggy44
06-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Sending him some very safe vibes.........You hide those tears from him. Be proud of what he has done and what he will do.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

sharinbo
06-12-2003, 06:29 AM
And the countdown begins.... his bus leaves at 5:25pm today. <chanting> "no crying allowed, no crying allowed!"

justinenycole26
06-13-2003, 01:46 AM
Well, how did you do?????
He will be fine, send him some cookies tho!