PDA

View Full Version : Can we say EMBARRASSED?

unicorn9149
06-11-2003, 08:13 AM
Yesterday I was in my laundry room and I started hearing a very loud grinding noise. It was coming from a back guest room and sounded like it was coming from the light fixture that hangs down over the table. The whole room was vibrating, the fixture was moving and it was LOUD. First thing I did was throw the circuit breaker. No luck. Getting panicky at this point cause I had to leave for work. Called PUD and they said to call an electrician. Called electrician:
ME: "I'm going to hold the phone up to the light fixture so you can hear."
Electrcian: "Is this a flourescent light?"
ME: "No, Uh oh, I just found the problem. Someone left a battery powered game on and batteries are dying. Sorry"
I could hear him laughing as I hung up hoping he didn't have caller Id.

miccit
06-11-2003, 08:32 AM
LOL. Sounds like something that would happen to me.

Glad it wasn't anything serious. And I hope he didn't have caller id either. :)

morris2b
06-11-2003, 08:41 AM
LMAO.....

My kids had a toy that started beeping like mad when the batteries were goind dead, I thought it would drive me crazy because for the life of me I could not find it, bottom of the box should we say....

mesue
06-11-2003, 11:33 AM
Thats funny, I did worse when I was very young I was telling two maintenance guys about how bad the last maintenance guy was that was there, They were fixing the problem he left and createdand then suddenly realization came over me that one of the guys that was there was the same guy and old idiot me told him so, I said, "OMG it was you", and pointed at him, this did not go over real well, fortunately he did not throw the screwdriver at me, gosh I felt so bad and he was so mad!

Jolie Rouge
06-11-2003, 11:52 AM
When I was in the hospital there was a machine on top of the armoire in the corner that kept going off. I called the nurse and she said it wasn't even hooked up to me, and shouldn't be doing that -- right then it started going off again. It stopped before she got across the room to shut it off, so she just unplugged it from the wall.

A few minutes later, it went off again.

Now we are both getting a little freaked out.

The nurse disconncets ALL wires completely from the machine.

A few minutes later, it went off again.

Now we are both getting a lot freaked out.

She calls Maintance because I now want this "haunted" machine OUT of my room. Maintance guy comes in, we tell him what is happening, he loads the machine and ALL the wires and ALL the connections on to a cart to take it downstaris for a diognostic runthru ... As he is clearring it out he says : "Hey, someone is trying to reach you ..." and hands me my husband's BEEPER which had been set to vibrate and had been forgotten on the top of the armoire next to the "haunted" machine.

Me and the nurse just looked at each other -- and neigther of us said a word ....

unicorn9149
06-11-2003, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the laughs everyone