PDA

View Full Version : time to gripe about my neighbors

lisarae
06-10-2003, 06:13 PM
I am not a really sociable person, I mean, I am very easy to get along with. Just not a person to approach someone else. I love having family around, and some old friends. But getting new friends are hard for me cause I am a really quite person. I have tried though a few times to really get along with my neighbor, but when we talk she just gossips about the other neighbors down the road. Then I think about what she is telling them about me and my hubby, when we are not around. When we talk I hear about everything in the world that the other neighbors have done. She has two daughters the ages of 4 and almost a year. Both cute a buttons, but thats besides the point. When the older one was little she never disciplined her AT ALL and then complained the whole time that she never listened. This little girl is a brat. She smarts off to her mom and dad, and they just tell her that it was not nice. The little girl come into my house today wanting to take all of my ds stuff outside and play with it. I kept telling her no that it was not outside toys, and they needed to stay in the bedroom. I finally had to make her get out of the bedroom and to go play outside. AFTER my son had already went outside so that he could play with her. We don't go out very often to play cause when my ds is around her, he starts acting like that. And Im not just bragging, I do have a well mannered child, that I work hard at keeping that way. Sometimes he has his days to where he misbehaves, but otherwise he is a good child. But am I wrong to try to avoid them most of the time so my child does't have to be around her? The mom now is realizing what she has done by not disciplining her until now, but she says its to late and she won't listen to her. She is trying to start disciplining her 1 year old now, before it even starts. I just think that the 4 year old needs a butt busting. Not a beating or anything like that. Just a good swat on the butt and show who's the boss.
Another thing that erks me is, that they have the loudest cars ever. 3 of them. Every night at 10:30 they have to run somewhere down the road. (I assume the BP station) and during the day or in the morning, they cant just go out and start the car, they have to start it in the driveway, pull it over to the front and shut the car off. Go get the kids in the car, and start it again. And when they return home, its the same thing, unload the car in front of the door, and then have to go restart it to pull it back into the driveway. Mind you the driveway is at the very end of a medium size trailor, which the door is in the middle of the home. (if that makes since to anyone) which means they only move the car maybe 30-35 feet.
Ok I guess thats enough complaining for the day. :rolleyes:

lisahiser
06-10-2003, 06:43 PM
I know how you feel about that "gossipy neighbor" I have used two of them on my road, they know everything about everyone..... (or so they think) :rolleyes: I rarely talk to these people and when I do I just nod and smile and like you I wonder what they say about me.... But most people that are like this have NO life of their own and have to find some entertainment in others lives. Don't sweat it. If you neighbors really needed to know anything about you, I am sure that they would ask you and realize that the "gossip Queen" doesn't have all her eggs in her basket. I lived there for 6 years and hardly talked to any of my neighbors, but I did find out alot about them from the "gossip queens" and I would always get the "inside scoop" when ever I would meet my son at the bus stop....... "hey you will never guess who had the cops at their house last night" or You will never guess what so and so were fighting about this morning....... BLAH BLAH BLAH......But I always treated my other neighbors with respect and taught my kids the same. and as far as the "brat" Let her know who is boss at your house, and if she doesn't like then she can find somewhere else to play, I have always told my kids that they have to follow the rules at anyones house, no matter who's house it was and that they same rules at home apply there also. and if the noise is that bad on their cars, maybe you complain to the landlord or the owners of the park, I am sure there has to be some type of noise rule. maybe they can help you out with that. You would think that they would just load everyone up at once and then leave, I personally would think that starting the car twice just to leave and then come back and start it twice would be a waste of gas.... and hasn't anyone ever heard it won't kill you to walk??? :eek: just my opinion. :D

odyssey
06-10-2003, 08:03 PM
{{{{{{{lisarae}}}}}}}}}}

Kyla Kym
06-11-2003, 12:31 AM
As far as the gossipy neighbor goes, I would try to say something nice in response about the person she is slamming. Like for instance if she says "Mary down the road sure has a big butt now" I would just smile and say something like "Mine would be that big to, if I could cook as well as she does". Believe me this works after a while. Always find something positive to say about the person she is badmouthing.

And your right, your house, you set the rules. If they don't like it, then they can leave. People that don't want to teach their kids manners or teach them how to act right, then they need to keep them at home.

I don't know what to tell you about the car. Unless there are some laws about noise pollutions you could get them on. LOL ;)

HumNbirdMO
06-11-2003, 07:08 AM
Well, I can sort of relate, while my neighbor doesn't necessasarily gossip all the time, what she does do is gripe and complain ALL the time about their financial situation. Now, while I understand that practically everyone is having some rough times lately, I hate to hear people gripe about money, then do nothing about it...like she will whine about her checkbook being in the red (a day after payday), but yet she goes off to Wally World and spends more money she doesn't have...HUH??????? I can see writing a hot check for groceries (if it is absolutely necessary only, and with 3 kids to feed some times it is...BTDT) but not for un-necessary things like toys, clothes and shoes at wal-mart (unless your kids are running around bare-foot and nekkid-which their not, it is not a necessity IMO). Another thing....she is always calling me...like 10 d@mn times a day...how in the heck am I supposed to get anything done around here when I am on the phone constantly??? And since I have no garage, she can easily see if I am here or not, so I can't say I wasn't and not answer the phone LOL! If it wasn't for the fact that my hubby could call at any moment, I would take the phone off the hook LOL. Her oldest 2 kids are ALWAYS coming over here too...drives me ape-sh*t most of the time...especially when the doorbell rings at freakin 7 am on Sat morn. A little respect please for those of us who like to sleep in on the weekends...ugh. Then her 2 girls and my daughter will start in fighting with my boys...saying we don't like you, don't want to play with you etc, just p*ssing them off for no good reason. I put my foot down, and tell them to go home now, and not to come back if that it how you are going to act, and send dd to her room...I have enough fighting amoungst my 3, without adding 2 more to it. Funny thing is that when my dd is at her dad's for the weekend, they don't mind playing with my boys at all. Oh, and about the noise....I have that problem too....OMG these people up the road from me I swear not one of their 20 d@mn cars have a muffler on it, and god forbid they just start it and go...oh no, they have to rev it up first at least a million times, of course, it is always at midnight or later when they decide to go crusin' with their loud cars and even louder stereo's...quarter mile up the road, and my windows rattle...grrrrrr. I wonder when people stopped having any respect for others??

Sorry to rant in your rant, I agree with you, sounds like the little girl needs a butt-busting every now and then, maybe she will learn who is the boss. And I don't think you are wrong to avoid them at all. I wouldn't want my kids around her either until she learns to behave herself.

squirt
06-11-2003, 07:22 AM
One question: Why do you allow the child in your home!! It is your home and you don't have to let her in. I can understand how the gossipy neighbor can get to you, and they never shut up. thankfully i have quiet neighbors. We are all oldies here.
Stick to your guns girl. As they said maybe the gossipy neighbor is bored and she likes to listen to gossip, and she thinks everyone else does too. Smile, nod your head at the proper time, maybe if you looked bored she'd pass you by. But you cannot shut yourself in either especially when you have small children. Hope things get better for you. Chin up and all that crap. Have a good day!!!!

HumNbirdMO
06-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by zitra
You don't need to tell her you weren't home when she called. If you don't want to talk and you know it is her, either don't asnwerthe phone, and if she asks why, you could have been in an area of the house, that you could not hear the phone from, takign a shower, takign a nap, etc. If you do answer the phone, and it is her, and you don't want to talk, say somethign like, thanks for calling or good ot hear from you but i am really busy right now. You don't have to tell her waht you are busy doing (cause it is none of her buisness), you could be busy painting your nails, watching tv, typing on BBS, or even busy resting.

Yeah, I do this alot (don't answer the phone when the CID has their # on it), just didn't want ppl to think I was a real snot LOL!! When I do answer, it is very hard to get her off the phone...she is one of those ppl who hears what you say (I gotta go, I'm busy, etc.), but doesn't listen and keeps right on talking kwim?? LOL :rolleyes: Looks like I am getting a reprieve from the calls today, only had 3 thus far LOL course it is only noon, still got 8 hours to go LOL...her hubby is home so maybe she is griping to him for a change LOL!! Ahhh the joys of neighbors ;) .

lisarae
06-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Well the little girl never comes over, she just happened to come and knock on the door for my son to come out and play, and I told her that we would be right back out. But she come on through anyway. So I let her go on into sons room while I put his shoes on. I told her to go wait outside with her mommie and she just said that she wanting to play in the bedroom. I finally MADE her go outside without toys. She just doesn't listen.
As for the cars, we don't live in a park, just in the middle of a field, with one other trailor about 1000 feet town the road.
We have other neighbors, who live is houses, that live a bit further away. And that other trailor down the road is the landlords brother. DH is pretty good friends with him, and he's complained to us about the loud cars also. So nothing is going to be done about it. As for law enforcement, I don't think that necessary. Its not like it endangering us or anything, just aggrivating me. (probably just a bit for hormones right now too)
But thank goodness she doesn't call here. Its just when we are coming and going that we have to ingore her..