PDA

View Full Version : What kind of matress do you have?

Lisa03
06-09-2003, 01:54 PM
I have no idea what mine is but it sucks, lol

so I am asking to see what kind that everyone else has that will sleep good. My matress isn't old. It hurt my back not long after I got it

anyone has a matress that they just love & doesn't hurt their back?

girlwithsoul
06-09-2003, 02:01 PM
I have a waterbed and it's GREAT!

schsa
06-09-2003, 02:29 PM
I bought a pillow top Serta and paid about $800 for the set. It's so comfortable and you just sink into it.

However if you are interested in a really plush mattress and box springs, check out your local Westin Hotel. They have the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. They are called Heavenly Beds and there is a brochure you can get from the hotel if you want to buy one. I think they run about $1000. But they are soooooo wonderful...

Shancopp
06-09-2003, 03:02 PM
We have a soft side waterbed...looks like a mattress, but has watertubes in it....I have never been one for waterbeds...but this is the most comfy bed ever! Got it at BedroomOne. It is waveless too, that makes it even better. Only downfall....cuz they are so heavy...you can't rearrange your bedroom! But you can use regular fitted sheets on it too!

terizona
06-10-2003, 01:54 PM
I bet nobody's got what we have for a mattress. :)

When we got married we got exactly what Shancopp uses (the standard size mattress waterbed with the waveless tubes inside). We thought we'd love it, but it was horrible for our backs, and we stopped using it 6 months later. We couldn't keep sleeping on it, and we couldn't afford to get a new mattress. Instead, we filled the waterbed mattress case/frame with a stack of free moving/packing blankets that we had laying around from when we moved from our apt. to our house and zipped it back up. They fit inside the hollow tube area exactly. It's 5 years later, we're still sleeping on it!! We like our mattress more on the dense side rather than pillowtop and fluffy. It's kind of like a mattress with a futon inside, which is what we were both used to before we got the waterbed. A couple times a year we just shake and air them out and restack the packing blankets. Crazy, huh?

Shancopp
06-10-2003, 03:06 PM
Well, that's imaginative and it works! That's cool and
much cheaper than a new mattress!

Angelwings51
06-10-2003, 04:27 PM
I bought a Seally pillow top queen set for $499 through 1-800 mattres, they delivered my mattress the next day, good service.

stresseater
06-10-2003, 04:35 PM
Full floatation waterbed mattress:D :cool: :D :cool: But when I get the bedroom built upstairs(in the attic) I won't be able to have it anymore:eek: :( :( :(

Ladytiger
06-10-2003, 05:25 PM
Another Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top here, and we have an egg crate on top..just perfect for us.
I lucked out, my chiro knew someone that was selling their set, used once, for $150!! It's a King so sheets are pretty expensive.