PDA

View Full Version : men grrrr and a long whine

mlayton1994
06-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Ok I am sorry I am whining once again but geeze.

OK I have broke my ankle (three more weeks off of it). I can start walking a little after that but, I can't stop using crutches until sometime in Aug. I have a walking cast but, he said it will probably be first of aug until I can lay my full weight on my ankle. That means I have to let goofy (ok I will call him this)go grocery shopping and to walmart. Oh you know what he comes back with. Ham, chicken fingers (micro kind), donuts (3types), cookies (fudge strip and chocolate chip), milk, instant mashed potatoes and pop tarts.
I appreciate him going grocery shopping but, where was all the stuff that was on the list. You know pot roast (I can throw that into the cooker and let it cook for a few hrs since I am having a hard time moving around), carrots, salad mix, and the vegies that were on the list.

I go home to my parents house. He calls and tells me he cleaned. I was so excited. Come home and his idea of cleaning was washing 1 load of clothes and vacuuming the living room floor. I thanked him for it but, I thought when he said he cleaned that is what he meant. This is also the weekend that he decides that my cats are no longer going to be fed soft food. Well they have been driving us nuts for a week. He said he doesn't like the smell of it and they were only eating half of it. This is also the same person that gets an extra 1/2 of ham for them to eat. They are so spoiled and I like it that way. They are so pitful right now. They are use to getting it at 6 when he comes home. They meow and he feeds them dry food. Of coarse they have dry food constantly in their bowl.

I try not to use the wheelchairs and motorized vehicles at walmart because I realize that other's need it a lot worse than me but, I am still on crutches and I can't hobble around the entire walmart. I am going to have to give in and do it. Otherwise my kitties won't get their soft food and he will continue to get some wrong things( I am not complaining he does pretty well but, on something I wish he would get exactly what I wrote down. Well if he don't like them having dry food they will start getting tuna. They love that stuff. That will teach him. I know he means well. He adores the cats as much as I do.

Also my dad isn't doing well. He is still battling cancer. He is 6ft and down to 150lbs. I cried today. I couldn't help it. I am here by myself and goofy. All my friends live in Atlanta or surrounding area's. So the closest person is like 2hrs away except for wildkat. It doesn't look good for my father. He is up for his cat scan (monday) so please keep my family in your prayers.

My brother has turned to alochol again (he was sober for 10yrs). He disappeared for 3 days the other day and came back (he is living with my parents and has two daughters who have been great for my father). My dad doesn not need this nor does my mom. My mom has two herniated disks and is more than likely going to have to have surgery. When I go home I try to help them as much as I can but, right now I am not able to do alot. We (me and goofy) are going up there this weekend. He helps them and adores them.

I just feel so helpless right now. I am so overwhelmed. I know things come in 3's but, I think mine come in 9's. Not including a another issue (I don't want to get into. This has also broke my heart)and me having to chunk out 300.00 for FAid and books this semester (I am lucky it wasn't more) but, my budget is tight and that could have gone to something else.

I hate getting on here and whining but, I needed to just talk to someone. I am so sorry I am having problems. I want my normal life back.

Thanks for letting me whine.

ckerr4
06-05-2003, 02:43 PM
(((mlayton1994)))

mlayton1994
06-05-2003, 02:51 PM
thanks ckerr4

kybeauty
06-05-2003, 02:54 PM
{{{{mlayton)))))....i will keep you and of course your Dad in my prayers!!

mlayton1994
06-05-2003, 03:03 PM
Am I the only person whose man goes to the grocery store and walmart and comes back with different stuff. Oh he did get himself a computer game (LOL).

Thanks everyone.

mrs.john
06-05-2003, 04:00 PM
{{{mlayton}}} You're braver than I--I'm scared to send my dh to the store. I don't think we could afford it. He won't write a check anyways, lol.

mlayton1994
06-05-2003, 04:18 PM
The bad part is I pitty my kitties. I eat a lot more veggies than he does.

Oh does your husband do the check card thing.

mrs.john
06-05-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by mlayton1994
Oh does your husband do the check card thing.

He's not allowed to have a check card, lol. I don't think he'd keep track of what he spent that way. He's good at whipping out the Visa, then I go into shock when the bill comes. Kind of a bummer at Christmas/Anniversary/birthday time--I know exactly what he spent on me:rolleyes:

cpbaby
06-05-2003, 06:32 PM
I only ask my "goofy" for things he cant screw up like MILK, BREAD, VANILLA ICE CREAM. Anything else and I am throwing money away cause what he buys, we wont eat.

When my "goofy" had his broken knee, he used the regular wheelchairs at WalMart. Not the motorized ones, but the regular old push around ones. It wasnt perfect, but it sure beat him crutching along.

Talanco
06-05-2003, 06:43 PM
I taught mine a lesson .....I was sick one time and sent him to the store to grocery shop. He came back with 134.00 worth of mostly junk. SO this is what I did. Everynight for dinner for the next three days he got served a mixture of the junk he bought. Chef boyardee and oreos...dont go good together. I told him why I was doing it and that if wanted something eles the he was going to have to cook it. Well when he looked around to cook something and there was nothing there but junk...he learned!! He has not done that since.
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER!!

momfromTN
06-06-2003, 06:32 AM
I say USE the motorized cart if you need to. It isn't like you are planning to spend a day at Walmart. If you go by yourself especially.

twinkiesmom
06-06-2003, 07:09 AM
{{{mlayton}}} use the amigo or wheelchair. That's what it's there for. Now if there was nothing wrong w/your ankle, and u used em, then I'd feel bad. But there's a need in this case.

wingsfan
06-06-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by twinkiesmom
{{{mlayton}}} use the amigo or wheelchair. That's what it's there for. Now if there was nothing wrong w/your ankle, and u used em, then I'd feel bad. But there's a need in this case.

I agree...USE them, they are there for folks like you!

mlayton1994
06-06-2003, 08:02 AM
thanks for all the hugs and posts. I really appreciate it. We are about to leave to go visit my family in rome. I hope and pray my dad's cat scan on monday will tell us he is better and the chemo is working. I am hoping for a miracle. I would not wish cancer on my worst enemy.

Thanks again for all the support everyone has given me at BBS. I just feel so alone.

redrig
06-06-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by mlayton1994
Am I the only person whose man goes to the grocery store and walmart and comes back with different stuff. Oh he did get himself a computer game (LOL).

Thanks everyone.

It's better than going WITH them to the store. I tried to strangle my ex in the parking lot, in the car, literally hands around his neck. Over asparagus!!!!!

{{hus and prayers for mlayton and her dad}}}