PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get "touched" by a song?

ocvachick
06-04-2003, 10:28 PM
I was just wondering.. Here for about the past year I hear some songs and they just touch me... so much so I have to download them and just listen to the words...

Faith Hill-You're Still Here did it for me here recently..

But another song is
Diamond Rio-I Believe which came out a day after my cousin's funeral.

So anyways, Do you have some songs that just mean something more than some listening candy?

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
06-04-2003, 10:35 PM
OH hell yeah... OH sorry, can I say that here? :D
I have a LOT of songs...

Any Merle Haggard makes me realize that yes my life COULD be worse.

But right now, I am thinking about a LOT of my friends from H.S. and I am sure that a couple have either ended up in jail or have just never "made it" and I listen to "One Sweet Day" by Mariah and Boys2Men. Also reminds me of my Grandpa.

My Best Friend- mine and Hubby's wedding song.

"Do a Little Dance"- makes me smile cuz my friend "Hodgie" sings it for me @ Karaoke

"Meet in the Middle" Diamond Rio- reminds me of my relationship with Hubby. :D

Um... I relate to a LOT of the lyrics Eminem and Kid Rock sing, as well as Elton John.

And I'd say my personal theme songs are: "Flirtin' With Disaster"- Molly Hatchet, "I'm No Angel" by Gregg Allman and definitely "Dream On" by Aerosmith.

And to everyone at BBS, I say this:

Blessed

Music by Elton John
Lyrics by Bernie Taupin
Available on the album Made In England

Hey you, you're a child in my head
You haven't walked yet
Your first words have yet to be said
But I swear you'll be blessed

I know you're still just a dream
your eyes might be green
Or the bluest that I've ever seen
Anyway you'll be blessed

And you, you'll be blessed
You'll have the best
I promise you that
I'll pick a star from the sky
Pull your name from a hat
I promise you that, promise you that, promise you that
You'll be blessed

I need you before I'm too old
To have and to hold
To walk with you and watch you grow
And know that you're blessed

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
06-04-2003, 10:47 PM
Ugh, that one reminds me of my friend Bobby... he's so close but so far away emotionally right now.

chrissypoo
06-04-2003, 11:11 PM
Okay, this is an oldie and I have no reason as to why it touches me so but I love "Unchained Melody". :)

mrsswede
06-04-2003, 11:49 PM
I still cry every time I hear The Baby by Blake Shelton. It reminds me of my mother who died almost two years ago. Right down to the part of being a shrimper...I used to shrimp with my ex husband. AND I am the baby of the family.
Daddy's Hands by Holly Dunn...reminds me of my dad. He's the kindest man I've ever known. Very gentle man, but very strong, also.
I Cross My Heart by George Strait. My husband still stops whatever he's doing to come give me a kiss whenever he hears that come on.

feliciac
06-05-2003, 07:08 AM
I think right now it would have to be "The Baby" by Blake SHelton and "Almost Home" by Craig Morgan. They both give me goose bumps when I hear them. And I cried in the car the first time I heard "The Baby".

Other than that it would have to be "My Best Friend" by Tim McGraw, that was our wedding song. And then "Hanging by a Moment" by Lifehouse. My hubby was singing it to me and added a couple of words and it fit us perfectly. I still turn it up every time it comes on the radio.

newwiccan
06-05-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Ravenlost
In the Arms of the Angel by Sarah McLachlan

Every time I hear this song it makes me cry.

I love that song!

Also-

One Last Time by Dusty Drake

I'm Already There by Lonestar (especially since they remade the video with military footage)

Say Goodnight,Not Goodbye by Beth Nielson Chapman

ocvachick
06-05-2003, 07:40 AM
You guys picked some awesome songs!!

stephann
06-05-2003, 09:36 AM
"Almost Home" and i can't even watch the video on "Concrete Angel" the new one that is out (don't know who sings it) about the guy on the plane talking to his wife. Their are a few more but I can't see to type any more. :(

newwiccan
06-05-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by stephann
the new one that is out (don't know who sings it) about the guy on the plane talking to his wife.

I haven't seen the video but I think your talking about One Last Time by Dusty Drake.

Maeryn
06-05-2003, 10:14 AM
There's a song by Counting Crows called "A Long December". I bawl my head off every time I hear it.

The lyrics remind me of my brother and my mom. Bro was murdered in 1996, and Mom died of cancer ten days before Christmas, 1988.

aimefisher
06-05-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by stephann
"Almost Home" and i can't even watch the video on "Concrete Angel" the new one that is out (don't know who sings it) about the guy on the plane talking to his wife. Their are a few more but I can't see to type any more. :(

It's by Martina McBride It's about a little girl who is abused and finally killed by her mother.

sadie01
06-05-2003, 10:27 AM
Mine is Don't Know Why by Norah Jones and another off the CD called The Nearness of You. Also Somewhere out there by Our Lady Peace and a few Beatles songs... Too, Too many to list

janelle
06-05-2003, 10:36 AM
Yes and don't you hate it when you hear it at the grocery store and zone out listening to it? Then whoever is talking to me can't get my attention.

That's like on Sienfeld when Elaine's boyfriend heard "Desparado". He just zoned out and she had to quit talking until the song was over. He would tell her to be quiet so he could hear the song, each time it came on. LOL :rolleyes: :p

jennls
06-05-2003, 10:50 AM
Sarah McLachlan-I Will Remember You

This song makes me cry everytime I hear it. It reminds me of my mom who had passed away suddenly in 1997.

girlwithsoul
06-05-2003, 11:16 AM
There are tons of songs that affect my life everyday and in every way. However, the most poignant one is "Brigde Over Troubled Water" by Simon and Garfunkel. The only time I've seen my mother cry is when this song was on because it was the song she listened to over and over again as she waited with her brother while the cops came to pick him up for murder. She turned him in. He was convicted. He is no longer on this earth...died when I was young....but I do see his face in my mind when that song comes on and I am sad for my mother and my family even though she did the right thing.

janelle
06-05-2003, 11:27 AM
http://www.cmt.com/cmt/shows/top20.count.jhtml

You can go here and see the top 20 videos on country music channel.

We don't get it anymore since my mother has gone into a care home. She would want it on all day so I got to see quite a bit of country. She liked listening to music. We got rid of cable when she moved out.

Lora_1994
06-05-2003, 11:41 AM
In the Arms of the Angel by Sarah McLachlan --- was the first song I heard after they took my boys' dad off of life support 3 1/2 yrs ago

The Little Girl by John Michael Montgomery - it just is such a sad song, everytime I hear it, I get goosebumps

I should be sleeping by Emerson Drive- my hubby said that it reminds him of the way he felt about me when we first got together.(I'd hate to hear what he think's now!!! LOL )

Go Rest High On That Mountain by Vince Gill- played at my grampa's funeral

Gia
06-05-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Ravenlost
In the Arms of the Angel by Sarah McLachlan

Every time I hear this song it makes me cry.
OMG~ME TO!! {{{{Raven}}}}
Also Tracy Adkins song "Then They Do" ...seems I cry each time I hear that song too:o
One of my best friends in high school was killed in an auto accident by a drunk driver in 1988 :( and OUR favorite song "Never Say GoodBye" by Bon Jovi~makes me cry to this day
"Cant't Cry Hard Enough" by the Williams Brothers reminds me of my Papaw~and I always cry from this one too

Ladytiger
06-05-2003, 03:56 PM
So many songs touch me now after coming out of this fog that I have been in. The songs that immediately come to mind are:
What Might Have Been~ Little Texas
The Dance~Garth Brooks
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face~Roberta Flack
Independence Day~Martina McBride (anybody "breaking away" would enjoy this song)