PDA

View Full Version : Look what has been in my yard for the last 3 days

sweet~n~sassy
06-03-2003, 04:29 PM
My neighbors got some rabbits just before Easter and decided to turn them loose. Well they have been running, errr hopping around the neighborhood ever since. Well several days ago a couple of them ventured into my fenced yard. They come in and out by my front gate and they are so cute. My girls have a wonderful time chasing them around the yard. Of course they cant be caught because they are too wild, but they are still fun to have around.

http://photo1.matchnet.com/beta/2003/06/03/21984645.jpg

I have managed to catch them both, the black and white is pretty mean, i have some nice little scratched on my arms and hand from him, but the little brown one isnt too bad. He let me and the girls hold him.

newwiccan
06-03-2003, 04:34 PM
How cute!

sweet~n~sassy
06-03-2003, 04:35 PM
Yea they are pretty cute, just wish they were tame enough to hold. My oldest daughter is out trying to catch the brown one now, she has a purple and yellow stuffed bunny that she is trying to entice it over to her with. Silly girl :)

ilvmy3babs
06-03-2003, 05:02 PM
how cute! we have wild ones around here that just appear out of the woods. gosh, how i love country living.

wingsfan
06-03-2003, 05:04 PM
Were these tame rabbits that they just decided they didn't want anymore? Crap like that makes me REALLY angry :mad:

sweet~n~sassy
06-03-2003, 05:16 PM
You know, I'm really not sure if they were tame or not. All I know is that right around easter they did an easter egg hunt and had about 6 bunnies hopping all around that they had said they turned loose. I assume that they were somewhat tame because you can walk right up to them, but they wont let anyone touch them.

It makes me angry that they would do something like this as well, but at least they are safe while they are in my yard.

wingsfan
06-03-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Scarlett Rose
You know, I'm really not sure if they were tame or not. All I know is that right around easter they did an easter egg hunt and had about 6 bunnies hopping all around that they had said they turned loose. I assume that they were somewhat tame because you can walk right up to them, but they wont let anyone touch them.

It makes me angry that they would do something like this as well, but at least they are safe while they are in my yard.

I'm glad they found a safe home with you!
{{{{{scarlette rose}}}}}

sweet~n~sassy
06-03-2003, 05:31 PM
Awww thank you wingsfan :) My daughter was so nice, she informed the neighbors that the bunnies belonged to her now, because they turned them loosed so they didnt belong to them anymore. She said they lived with her now and that she named the blossom, bubbles and buttercup.

Tracy'sMom
06-03-2003, 08:13 PM
They are cute. I hope You are able to tame them So You can enjoy them more.

tsquared
06-03-2003, 08:26 PM
lol you know what they say in 3 more days it will be a pic of 6 then 3 more days and a pic of 36 and on and on and on.........oh my...lol glad you are enjoying them.....too much wildlife out there to enjoy and so little time

sweet~n~sassy
06-03-2003, 08:28 PM
I hope I can tame them too. The little brown one walked/hopped right up to my youngest daughter this evening. So who knows, maybe we can get them tamed down.

We went for a walk tonight and we live by a river and down on the riverbank there were 5 more bunnies that the neighbor had turned loose. Maybe they will come visit me too :)

sweet~n~sassy
06-03-2003, 08:33 PM
would love to have a yard full of bunnies :) it is so nice where i live. there are maybe 100 people in our community but it is still in the country and at night it is so nice to be able to sit outside and listen to the owls say whooo whooo, the coyotes howling, the frogs and cricketts making their little chirps, a bobcat do there screams everyonce in a while (that kinda freaks me out though, sounds just like a woman screaming) LOL and in the background you can hear the river running. Wouldnt trade it for anything in the world.

MsPiggy44
06-03-2003, 08:36 PM
They are so cute