PDA

View Full Version : HOW Many Husbands and Wives Cheat?

Jolie Rouge
06-02-2003, 09:40 PM
Fully 25 percent of wives and 44 percent of husbands cheat on their spouses--and that's just a mid-range estimate, reports the Minneapolis Star Tribune. :eek:

And here's the really scary part: Infidelity can happen to good people in good marriages. Psychologist Shirley P. Glass, author of "Not 'Just Friends': Protect Your Relationship from Infidelity and Heal the Trauma of Betrayal," primarily places the blame for all this cheating on three factors:

--Friendships at work

--Child-centered marriages

--Intimate Internet conversations

Glass says today's workplace infidelity is less likely to be between the boss and the secretary and more likely to be between colleagues who are drawn close in a shared project or deadline. Oddly, she says that the people who indulge in these affairs often have very happy marriages. Glass also blames what she calls "child-centered marriages," in which couples focus their energy on their kids' lives, while they neglect their own. (Hint: This is you if the only thing you have to talk about is the what the kids are doing.) She also points a guilty finger at the Internet where people believe that betrayal through e-mail and Instant Messenger isn't real infidelity.

So if you found out your lover was cheating on you, what would you do if you wanted to get revenge? HealthScoutNews reports that a new study by the State University of New York at Albany says it all depends on your gender. Women are most likely to attack their lovers. Men are most likely to attack their rivals.

Find out the leading cause of divorce in America.

It's not infidelity. The answer may surprise you.

http://money.cnn.com/2000/12/06/banking/q_bankrate/index.htm

janelle
06-02-2003, 11:09 PM
How can more husbands cheat than wives? Must be a woman out there getting lots and lots of action. LOL Are single women going after our men?

captorquewrench
06-03-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by janelle
How can more husbands cheat than wives? Must be a woman out there getting lots and lots of action. LOL Are single women going after our men?

that's exactly what it is. married men having affairs with single women.

JR, do you have a link to the source of this article?

hawley7
06-03-2003, 07:25 AM
gosh imagine that...I was not that surprised...LOL...everytime hubby and I fight he pointed out something I never noticed...I shop...LOL...I guess I shop so much I didn't notice.

captorquewrench
06-03-2003, 07:40 AM
im not pointing out this about you hawley. you just mentioned shopping in a thread about adultery, which reminded me of an article i read long ago that said shopping is a psychological replacement for sex for a lot of women...go figure. a friend of mine & i discussed it ingreat detail, because she loves to shop and doesn't care for sex, and i despise shopping in any form but my poor husband...well, LOL.

captorquewrench
06-03-2003, 09:20 AM
the article said the same thing about gambling for some men.......hmmmmmm........my little brother loves to buy lottery tickets..........and My SIL is a shopper.....hmmmmmm.......nevermind. im not saying anything else.

FBH, sorry about the soda.

Bick'sMom
06-03-2003, 09:34 AM
This is definately my ex. When we were together he found all kinds of women that were interested in getting together.....after we split he couldn't find one that would even give him a second glance!

newwiccan
06-03-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by captorquewrench
im not pointing out this about you hawley. you just mentioned shopping in a thread about adultery, which reminded me of an article i read long ago that said shopping is a psychological replacement for sex for a lot of women...go figure. a friend of mine & i discussed it ingreat detail, because she loves to shop and doesn't care for sex, and i despise shopping in any form but my poor husband...well, LOL.

Maybe this is why I shop so much when Kevin's gone. :D

captorquewrench
06-03-2003, 09:44 AM
wiccy, it may very well be true.

tsquared
06-03-2003, 10:27 AM
well i can say they aint coming after me.....cause i is a perfect little man......nodding his head knowing that is the absolute truth...

janelle
06-03-2003, 11:22 PM
I like that commercial for Big Lots where the woman doesn't like to shop and bemoans the fact she must have been born without the shopping gene. Then Jerry Van Dyke shows her Big Lots and she goes crazy for all the bargains and shops like mad. She is so happy that she really has the shopping gene afterall.:D :D

justme23
06-03-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by captorquewrench

Is it possible to be married to twins? Mine is a twin anyways... I happen to despise shopping as well... and I could just about typed that paragraph you wrote (minus the quoting of the article mentioned) in exact words myself!

feliciac
06-04-2003, 07:29 AM
I guess I always gotta be the monkey wrench in a theory. But I LOVE both and enjoy BOTH immesnsely. Hmmmmmm, wonder what that means? lol