PDA

View Full Version : Weird

aneisu
06-02-2003, 12:47 PM
I happen to believe animal testing is wrong. I participated in a letter writing campaign to the largest companies who perform these tests. To clarify before anyone goes into a fit - animal research is a very controversial topic and the companies this affected chose animal tests over more reliable nonanimal tests. I wrote a letter to Pfizer and they sent me a free Intuition razor and coupons in return. Apparently if you complain to them they send you a gift. Most companies send you information on why they do animal tests, or their plans for getting rid of the tests. Pfizer just sends you a free product. I thought that was a little strange. I'm grateful - it just struck me as odd.

Queensown
06-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Very Odd! I try to avoid products that do unnescessary animal testing as well, if you get a chance drop me a PM with the companies you know of that do unnesccessary testing as I am often not sure which ones do and don't. =)

Jolie Rouge
06-02-2003, 01:13 PM
Did they test the razor on animals ?? :eek: :eek:

It is prob just a standard response to all queries, that shows appreciation for the fact you took the time to contact them whatever the context.