PDA

View Full Version : for people that grew up in the 80's

erinvictoria
05-30-2003, 09:13 PM
I forgot all about this, did anyone else listen to Dr. Ruth on Sunday
nights when they were an innocent teenager, then laugh with your friends about "the ice cream cone"? My best friend reminded me today. Still laughing.

odyssey
05-30-2003, 09:24 PM
no I was still to young for that.
I spent the 90's listening to Adam Corrolla and Dr.Drew on love lines KROQ out here in L.A.

so what is the "ice cream cone" erinvictoria?????

Shancopp
05-30-2003, 09:25 PM
I remember "Sex Talk" or something like that...it was a woman "dr"??? can't quite remember!!! did anyone listen to Animal Stories on WLS (am) before school?????

twinkiesmom
05-30-2003, 09:28 PM
lol. Yes, I remember on the radio listening while I ironed my clothes. lol (omg - who irons anymore?) "Thees is Dr. Ruth Westheimer and u are on . . . . the air!"

My grandma just recently found the Sunday Nite Sex Show staring Sue Johanson or something. lol Now I watch that. What a riot!

odyssey
05-30-2003, 09:36 PM
small world isn't is baby frog,
all those dirty things and other stuff I heard about them I finally know what they mean.
thank god for those shows or my DH would have laughed me out of the honeymoon suite in Vegas!

Ladytiger
05-30-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Shancopp
I remember "Sex Talk" or something like that...it was a woman "dr"??? can't quite remember!!! did anyone listen to Animal Stories on WLS (am) before school?????

Animal Stories!! I used to sneak to listen to Dr. Ruth and Dr. Demento (two Dr.'s totally different on format!!)

Widgetsx3
05-30-2003, 10:58 PM
I ran into Dr. Ruth many many many MANY moons ago at Disneyland! She was standing right behind me in line at Space Mountain.....very nice (and very open) lady....she answered any and all questions if you asked her.

I remember listening to Dr. Demento on my AM/FM transistor radio (dating myself again) He played some of the funniest songs! Weird Al became famous thanx to Dr. Demento....