PDA

View Full Version : Leg Waxing Help

redrig
05-29-2003, 04:51 AM
I decided to take the plunge and wax my legs. Do any of you have any recommendations? I plan on stopping by the drugstore on the way home, so any help you can give me would be appreciated!!!

shelhop
05-29-2003, 06:52 AM
DON'T DO IT!!!! OUCH! I'm way too much of a wuss!
(But on a lighter note, I've heard time and time again...and from people, not just infomercials...that Nad's brand is about the best.)Good luck. That just brought back painful memories of the Epilady that used to be popular. You know, the electric shaver that wasn't a shaver? Just a spring on a motor that ripped your hair out by the roots!

redrig
05-29-2003, 06:58 AM
man, that was PAINFUL:eek:

But I don't know if I can use something called NADS

I giggle everytime I see that commercial

But if it works I may just have to laugh my way through it

gulG
05-29-2003, 07:36 AM
If you have made your mind, don't listen to others and just do it. But do use big strips/cloths. I tried sally hansen's small strip first and then gave up. Just by chance or by self motivation I tried Nair's big ones and that worked great. Yes it is pain ful and the more practice the neater it is BUT it is longer lasting and cheaper than from what I get from professionals. Just try to finish the operation quickly. Good luck :)

jaybird
05-29-2003, 07:37 AM
Go find my old thread on the homemade NADS. We use it all the time, have for years.

cathych
05-29-2003, 08:24 AM
NADS IS A WASTE OF MONEY!
Don't buy it! I've had my chin waxed, but never anything-and I do mean anything-else!The only thing I know is is to never wax the same area twice if you don't get all the hair on the first pull.

~MK~
05-29-2003, 08:25 AM
OUCH!!! :eek:

BigLyd1
05-29-2003, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't do it for myself. But about the pain, I heard that the pain comes from the open pores being exposed to air. So the recommendation when I used to get this done was to cover the area (with your hand) right after you tear off the strip. That's what I heard but it still sounds painful to me.

jaybird
05-29-2003, 09:52 AM
The homemade NADS is dirt cheap to make and works great. It's all my dot and her friends have used in a couple years.

LLFan
05-29-2003, 11:39 AM
oh dear...this is just disturbing to think about.

Now, my wife has tried that sally hansen crap and she gave it a big NAY! So, she has resorted to shaving 'certain areas' and simply using big wax strips for the legs...so far so good. I'm guessing the hope with waxing is to remove the root? Who knows.

Hope whatever method you choose works for you.

Mike

redrig
05-29-2003, 12:56 PM
I tried searching for jaybirds recipe, but "homemade nads" gave me that @#$% error message, and when I put in jaybird, well, she just has waaaayyyyy too many posts for me to be looking at...at least while I'm here at work:)

janelle
05-29-2003, 03:16 PM
You'd be all day searching Jaybird's posts!!! LOL 1,000,000 plus and counting. I tried using nads but it's a pain time wise and skin wise. I still have a jar of it. Can anyone think what it can be used for besides removing hair? I never like to waste anything.

rain_cries
05-29-2003, 03:19 PM
I used Nads and it ripped the skin off my legs and left the hair.

Jayd
05-29-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by rain_cries
I used Nads and it ripped the skin off my legs and left the hair. OMGosh! :eek: LOL the way you put it made me laugh. Sorry. :)

Kyla Kym
05-29-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by shelhop
That just brought back painful memories of the Epilady that used to be popular. You know, the electric shaver that wasn't a shaver? Just a spring on a motor that ripped your hair out by the roots!

:eek: :eek: Epilady :eek: :eek: NOOOOOOooooooo I would rather take a beating with a belt than use one of them things again!

But waxing isn't that bad. It's just takes forever to get finished. :) I like that new wax that nair has out. You heat it in the microwave and it is in a roller. Not as good as Nads, but less messy and works almost as well.