PDA

View Full Version : I`m fuming!

Mystic32
05-28-2003, 07:48 PM
I am sooo mad right now. I`m fuming!!!! I just left amazon.com. I tried purchasing a bunch of clearance stuff for my daughter. When I went to check out, I was floored. You see I am a member of many survey sites & get gift certificates(which I`m sure many of you do)for completing surveys. I usually let them accumulate.(that`s how I got some of my christmas gifts) Anyway, I was told upon check out that when you are using gift cards, or gift certificates you need to supply them with a credit card. If the total is less than what you have in your account than they`l disregard your card. I emailed them. I never had this problem before as long as the amount was less than what was in my account. I am so upset. I let a lot of maoney accrue in there & now it seems like it`s useless. I don`t have a mjor credit card. I only have 1 department store credit card. I`m sorry for babbling. I just wanted to vent & also let everyone else know the deal. Sorry!!!

harlow
05-28-2003, 08:12 PM
have you tried to just use the visa over ride #? i know i used that a few times with amazon when i had g/c.

sensualsage
05-28-2003, 08:16 PM
I ordered a few days ago with gift certificates and thought I had enough and they asked for a credit card. But the shipping had caused my costs to go over the amount of my gc's. So it may just be that shipping is costing more than you expected.

okie
05-28-2003, 09:27 PM
Okay,dumb question?

What is a Visa override #?

morris2b
05-29-2003, 05:16 AM
This happened to me before also, ticked me off and my purchase including shipping was all under the 20 GC I was using it was 14.XX I never even got to keep my remaining 5 I should have had left they took it, after I complained they gave me a 5 gc that expired within a month after issuing it......Geesh thank heavens my sil shops amazon all the time as I could not use it within that month as I dont shop that much...Thats BS that you have to have a CC to get anything anymore...