PDA

View Full Version : New Gift Card Exchange Sign Up

hawley7
05-28-2003, 08:21 AM
All right everyone Odyssey and me are doing this. I am new at this so bare with me. We will do a $10 gift card exchange. NO FREEBIES ALLOWED. If you send one out such as 2 $5 petco that you got free you will be added to the bad exchanger/trader list. We will use a wish list for the exchange person to choose to purchase from. NO BAD TRADERS/EXCHANGERS are allowed to participate in this. I hope this turns out well. Please send me the below information if you wish to participate. We will take sign ups until June 15th and they MUST be mailed out no later than JULY 1st. It must have DC and it must be sent to us to verify it was mailed out. You may purchase the gift card/certificate online and have it mailed directly to the exchange person but you must have verification of this in a confirmation email that I can verify with the company if I need to. Let's make this a good one.

bbs_giftcardexchange@hotmail.com

send me:

Real name
BBS name
mailing address
email address
wish list

odyssey
05-28-2003, 01:33 PM
RULES
-Each person sends a wish list of preferred gcs or preferred places to shop.
Make a minimum of 5 so that the exchange person can choose between them.
-Mailing Options: delivery confirmation if you mail it out priority: or either
they put it in a small box again with deliverary confirmation.
-Online Ordering: can order one online sending us the Confirmation email.
-No PROMO gift certs no matter what the denonmination No promo gift certs that
you received.
-Cut off for sign ups June 15
-Must be mailed out by July 1st.
-This really depends on honest members participating. We need to ensure
everyone writes the CORRECT names and address on envelopes to ensure delivery.
-If you have been severely late or not fullfilled on other exchanges you can
not join this exchange.

hawley7
05-30-2003, 11:09 AM
All right is this just a bad idea and no one is interested or what? If not sign up....

janelle
05-30-2003, 12:26 PM
I'm confused. Can I just go to Walmart and buy a gift card and send it? That would be the easiest thing for me to do. Some peeps don't want to use a credit card online.

Acually, I've been thinking gift cards would be cheaper and wiser with the postage being so high, although I do enjoy picking out what to send. It's part of the fun but with the high postage I think that could have gone to get more things for the person. Stupid postage.

sharinbo
05-30-2003, 12:59 PM
I was into this until I saw our choices for mailing them. Shipping cost is what always gets to me, and if it has to be mailed "Priority" or in a box, or whatever, it's not much savings in shipping cost. I love the idea of it, but I was looking forward to sending it in an envelope, 1st class, with dc.

Or am I confused??? Wouldn't be the first time ;)

sharinbo
05-30-2003, 01:10 PM
I was into this until I saw our choices for mailing them. Shipping cost is what always gets to me, and if it has to be mailed "Priority" or in a box, or whatever, it's not much savings in shipping cost. I love the idea of it, but I was looking forward to sending it in an envelope, 1st class, with dc.

Or am I confused??? Wouldn't be the first time ;)

hawley7
05-30-2003, 02:04 PM
The problem is they will not allow you to put delivery confirmation on an envelope unless it is priority shipping. If you put it in a small box that is at least 1/2" thick with the face big enough to put the dc on you can use it and it will still be cheaper than priority but you can put dc on it. and yes you can just go to walmart and buy a gc.

texasgander
06-02-2003, 04:53 PM
I am emailing ya! GC's sound fun!

(P.S.-Odyssy....I got your beach towel this weekend and will mail it out by Friday!:D )