PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!!

sweetbaby
05-28-2003, 06:21 AM
Ok guys, what should I do..
My best friend wants me to sit for her 9yr old child this summer...I did it last summer for free, I told her that I wont do it for free this summer. She wants to pay me only 50 a week...
I was thinking of charging her 2.50/hr...she works all kinds of different hours, but mostly 6-7/hr a day. I would like to get paid every week on Monday. Her and her hubby dont do well with money and friends. She has lost two friends over money..and I dont want to be the next one.. What should I do???????????:confused:

wingsfan
05-28-2003, 06:30 AM
personally, I would say NO. If you know she's bad with $$, you know it's going to be a hassle to get paid, why bother?

LadyBones
05-28-2003, 06:32 AM
I personally would'nt babysit for less then $2.50 an Hour and if she decides thats not worth it, tell her to find another sitter, And if she decides sure she'll pay you the $2.50 and hour and renigs just once, then don't sit her child anymore. (does she bring the food for the child also?) I charged $2.50 an hour plus they have to bring the food and drink for them. Remember your doing her the favor. I hope that helps you a little in your decision.

catssass
05-28-2003, 06:39 AM
Make her PRE-PAY... say 7 hrs. a day at 5 days a week x $2.50 hr. = $87.50 and if she works less, credit her on the following Monday, if she doesn't pay for the up-coming week DON'T Babysit!! Set the ground rules and STICK to them, remember no one can take advantage of you unless YOU let them!

cch
05-28-2003, 06:55 AM
$50 a week is about average here, I personally wouldn't do it because it's a friend and that can cause WAY too many problems. But, if you're going to draw up a contract (i.e. - she'll pay you X amount on X day) so if she doesn't pay you can take her butt to court and get your $$.

If you're bad at telling people NO (I am) tell her that it would take too much time away from your kids to have an extra and you don't want them to feel neglected with school being out. Or that you're afraid of it damaging the friendship if everything doesn't work out perfectly. Excuses work great!

odyssey
05-28-2003, 07:00 AM
well have her prepay
draw up an agreement: with the terms (just in case she failed to pay you have something for small cliams court)

like cch said Friends will expect more then just the regular service, sorry but my experience has shown me that. Make it clear what you will do with the child, meals, snacks, and if you have to leave while babysitting you will either take the child or leave them with another adult in charge.

good luck to you

mlathroum
05-28-2003, 07:37 AM
I help a friend out during the summer months. She doesn't have alot of money and neither do I. She pays me what she used to pay the old babysitter though. $20 per day per child. She has two kids. I get a check every two weeks for $400. I save it or buy food and clothes for my kids for school and use it for vacation. It is really extra money since I work from home now but I won't babysit for free since I feed them and keep them busy all day just like a regular babysitter does.

ulqini24
05-28-2003, 08:12 AM
I would say no in a very nice way,since she is bad with money and already lost friends over money.