PDA

View Full Version : Final Update on my week-end person.

AllKnowingFool
05-27-2003, 11:37 PM
While my Mom and I were out today, we ran into another one of my week-end person's caregivers. She told us that things were not good. My week-end person is dying. Her kidneys are only functioning at 8%. She has water on the lungs and through out her body. She is all swollen up, and is in pain. We all knew things were getting worse for my week-end person. :( I am going to go visit her soon. She doesn't have much longer. She knows she is dying. She has accepted it. I will miss her. I wish I would have gotten to work for her longer. She is a great lady. I will miss her.:(

Widgetsx3
05-27-2003, 11:54 PM
{{{{Freyda and weekend person}}}} I am sure this is so tough on you and her family.

mlathroum
05-28-2003, 05:08 AM
((((Freyda))))

I am so sorry for your loss but I would also like to say Thank You!! for doing that work. I am in medical field but went to being a Cardioloy Tech. I couldn't handle doing Hospice or Homecare. I was too much of a heartbreak for me. I love my patients at the Dr's office and I get so attached that it breaks my heart when we lose one of them.
I had an Uncle that died last summer after being on Hospice for almost a year and his wife just died last week after only a week of Hospice.
You are a very special person for doing that!!

DreamWarrior
05-28-2003, 06:21 AM
{{{{{{{Freyda}}}}}}} So sorry to hear about your weekend person. Know that whenshe does go that she will no longer be in any pain and will be going to a MUCH better place.

mrs.john
05-28-2003, 06:22 AM
{{{Freyda}}} Oh Honey, I'm so sorry. I know it isn't much consolation right now, but you had the chance to know her and enrich her life, and that means a lot.