PDA

View Full Version : questions about hysterctomy

toritongue
05-26-2003, 07:36 PM
I am looking at a hysterectomy but will be keeping my ovaries...just wondered how those of you who have had one feel about it...any problems? love it?? hate it?? sex better after?? worse?? thanks for any comments!!!! Tori :)

almalady
05-26-2003, 07:54 PM
I had mine 14 years ago and loved it. I do have to take hormones but have no problems with that. Good luck.

cathych
05-27-2003, 08:19 AM
Also had a vaginal hysterectomy 4 years ago, ask your md about doing it vaginally, the recovery time is much much quicker. sex is just fine, you don't always have to worry about a visit from your monthly friend anymore, which makes life a WHOLE lot simpler.

bloomingdasee
05-27-2003, 09:33 AM
This is just MO I think that is they are going to take any they should take all. I had a complete hyst on feb 20. Everything went well for me. I take estradiol (sp) for a hormone pill everyday is cost me about 41.00 every three months. Sex is better I don't hurt. I doe kinda miss the monthly thing--I know that sounds funny but I am only just turned 27 so i am young. But I think that is was the best thing cause i hurt all the time from endmeterosis, and then they also found out that i had adnomyosis also. If you have any ?? just pm me. Good luck on whatever your decision is.

DBackFan
05-27-2003, 09:39 AM
I had one also and have both my ovaries. I recuperated SUPER fast and sex is no different. I feel wonderful and you will LOVE snubbing your nose at "that aisle" in the grocery store! :)

mugwump
05-27-2003, 09:45 AM
I had my womb removed 16 years ago ... at that time, they refused to take my ovaries even though I was 40. Well, wouldn't you know it, at age 45 had to have both ovaries removed.

Both surgeries went well ... fast recovery time. And I have never felt better in my life. Used to have very painful periods ...

So glad I had it done!

Editing to say ... depending on your age, I would see if they will do the whole thing at once! Especially if you have a history of ovarian cysts or anything like that. My only regret is having to go through surgery twice ... which I think was not necessary in my case. JMHO

toritongue
05-27-2003, 12:41 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments....I am only 39 which is why the Dr. would prefer I keep my ovaries...I am glad you all had such good luck with your surgeries and hope I do too...although with 3 daughters I will never be able to"snub my nose" at that aisle in the supermarket!!!! LOL

ieatalot
05-27-2003, 12:59 PM
I am so glad they took everything from me because there is no way in h@ll I would want to go through that surgery again.

hey bloomingdasee I am on the same medicine as you & I have a question for you.........do you break out on your face since you started taking it? I take the 2 mg.

Ladytiger
05-27-2003, 10:52 PM
Welp, I will be seeing about this too on the 2nd. So, the best thing is to keep an ovary? Some say yes, some say whole thing-which is better? I have uterine cysts- a handful of them. It runs in both sides of the family. TIA

toritongue
05-28-2003, 06:38 AM
Nothing is wrong with my ovaries...no cysts or anything...just fibroids in my uterus.....that is why the doc is recommending I keep them. Plus she said I have probably 10-12 yrs before menopause...she felt it was not a good idea to be on HRT the extra 10-12 yrs.