PDA

View Full Version : How old were your kids,.....

magicwoman19
05-24-2003, 06:26 PM
when they started to feed theirselves?? Savannah wants to feed herself so bad, LOL!! And one more question.......

she has her number 2 teeth coming in first, is that normal??????

cpbaby
05-24-2003, 06:29 PM
Put her in her high chair, Feed her her food, then, let her "play" with the spoon and whats left of her food. I know kids that are 3 and 4 yrs old that cant feed themselves cause the parents didnt want them to make a "mess" and wouldnt let them feed themselves at all.

magicwoman19
05-24-2003, 06:30 PM
that is what I have been letting her do, play with her spoon, I helped her feed herself with her spoon earlier today. She is just so egar to learn, LOL

cpbaby
05-24-2003, 06:33 PM
If she has a few teeth you can also put down cooked carrot cubes or green peas or even some Cheerios to eat while you are feeding her. That way she can feed herself and you can eat without having to "totally" focus on her during dinner.

magicwoman19
05-24-2003, 06:47 PM
she doesn't have any teeth yet, but it looks like her number 2teeth are going to come in first, is that normal? she would rather eat off of our plate already, LOL!! She is a good eater too! She just ate 8 ozs of food, LOL

lilbugger
05-24-2003, 07:09 PM
My daughter has been in a high chair since she was 6mos old trying to feed herself (she is a little piggy). Now at 8mos old she has a tooth and trying to get more, but I havent tried to give her and cheerios or anything like that.(Im too afraid she chokes)

Ladytiger
05-24-2003, 07:23 PM
DD had five teeth come in at once. I don't remember what her first table food was, she was munching on cheerios and teething biscuits before she even wanted table food though. Oh, and she did choke on peas even when she did have a tooth-she sucked them in LOL

magenta
05-24-2003, 07:24 PM
My oldest got his top second teeth first. He looked like a vampire. The front came in shortly after. :)

Widgetsx3
05-24-2003, 07:45 PM
My kids started (attempting) to feed themselves when they could hold the spoon....while it makes a mess, it teaches them eye, hand to mouth coordination. Teeth come in differently for each child. DS # 1 had teeth when he was born. DD started getting them around 4 months, DS # 2 was at about 6 months. They also came in from different locations. DS had one top, one bottom for about a month....she looked like a Jack-o-Lantern.

Candice
05-24-2003, 08:04 PM
Wow... she's already trying to feed herself!? Bree doesn't even know what to do with a spoon, she just gets excited when she see's me coming with it! Lol, she's a little late I guess. She also got her teeth in funny. She got her 4 bottom center ones all at once then she got one top front tooth, then the one next to it about 1-2 months later.

magicwoman19
05-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Oh that is great to hear, she likes to eat, she tries to drink from a cup right now, but she can't quit hold on to it yet, she hates sippy cups for some reason, LOL!!! I just started giving her those bitter biscuts, she loves them things! :D

Dragonfairie
05-25-2003, 03:41 PM
angel has been helping for the past couple of weeks and she is pretty good about hitting her mouth on the first try but more of the food ends up on her hands, up her nose and in her hair, and she has to fingerpaint the highchair. it is worse when dh feeds her.