PDA

View Full Version : Just a question on exchanges (please don't flame me)

LadyBones
05-21-2003, 09:01 AM
Why is there so many exchanges going on right now? between Now and June 15th? Should'nt they be spaced out or is this normal for exchanges to overlap each other? It just seems every time i look there is another exchange added on, some of these look fun but some people can't afford to do every one But would like to do them eventually. Does anyone agree with me?

smeans
05-21-2003, 09:03 AM
i suppose its just coincidence. i kinda like it though cause it gives people different options about which exchanges interest them.

~MK~
05-21-2003, 09:05 AM
I dunno. Cab wants cookies. I want cookies. We would trade each other if no one else wanted to do it. We don't care. But I figure we could let everyone else have a turn too.

Most everyone liked the one I did at xmas.

renrut*
05-21-2003, 09:05 AM
people just start them when they want. i used to do 2 a month but stopped after all the drama. ist not worth it to me. got tired of the people yelling at me when they didnt get their stuff.

Xica
05-21-2003, 09:25 AM
some of these look fun but some people can't afford to do every one

Originally posted by smeans
i kinda like it though cause it gives people different options about which exchanges interest them.

I agree. I think it's better to have many different ones from which to choose. :) If people can't afford to do them all, then they pick the one in which they're most interested.

~MK~
05-21-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by cab92
ME??? Well! Now, I'm not really much of a sweet eater, but I just don't want to hurt anyone's feeling, ya know...

Now, who wants to talk about that bridge I have for sale?

Ah, yes. The UH HUH bridge...

LadyBones
05-21-2003, 10:29 AM
Thanks all, That makes sence now that i think about it :) ok ok i'm blond and it takes me awhile to realize things...lol I just wish i could do them all they all sound fun!

I thought of one for the summertime and kids (a squirt gun exchange) because you can buy them pretty cheap and if the exchange person has more then one child you should be able to afford it for little ones (13 and below);) maybe this summer i'll think about doing one like that :)

mugwump
05-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Machande_Kennels
I dunno. Cab wants cookies. I want cookies. We would trade each other if no one else wanted to do it. We don't care. But I figure we could let everyone else have a turn too.

Most everyone liked the one I did at xmas.

I'd love to do a cookie exchange, but it takes about 2 weeks for delivery from Canada to the US ... can we say STALE???

chrissypoo
05-21-2003, 12:32 PM
Uh huh, it does give people variety. I like to start the inexpensive exchanges because there are those like me who can't afford to spend $$$ on T-shirts, beach towels, books, etc. let alone the postage. I'm trying to come up with ideas that will fit into an envelope with perhaps just an extra stamp or so. ;)

Anything in the mail that's not bills works for me!:p :D And you get to meet others too with a personal note. ;)

odyssey
05-21-2003, 12:44 PM
yes I was the pepperigde farm person

#1 reason I asked was because the go stale
#2 reason cause if I am not careful with what I eat or dont make it myself the rest of the day I am making a #2. (sorry lol)

~MK~
05-21-2003, 12:48 PM
OMG..LMAO :D

janelle
05-21-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Elusive Butterfly
how about a sticker exchange?
or exchange pictures of BBS members...
dinner gift certificates...(micky ds bk)
seed from your state exchange
used book exchange
stamp exchange

homemade gifts exchange.. just some ideas...;)

Used book exchange works for me, I have a trunk of them. If you do a seed exchange I'd have to send sunflowers and some people think they are weeds or they might not grow in the North.

What's a stamp exchange?