PDA

View Full Version : I have got to start working out again...

LLFan
05-17-2003, 08:39 PM
Alright, my wife has dropped some not so subtle hints about my bear gut that's forming, and my friend just falt out said I gotta start working out again.

I long for the days of a washboard stomach...it's been years!

So, why am I posting this? I'm wondering if anyone wants to help me out and become my workout buddy. I need constant reminders as my mind isn't as sharp as it used to be...I'm loosing it at 23! :eek:

Anyways, anyone interested post here--or pm, whichever you fancy. I don't get many pms. :(

Mike =)

LLFan
05-17-2003, 08:40 PM
oops, spelt working 'warking'.....

edited, and fixed! =)

*StarDust*
05-17-2003, 08:44 PM
LOL Your only 23 Me too:) I need to start working out since living in Minnesota seems to be fattening:eek::)

LLFan
05-17-2003, 08:47 PM
I live in CA and am evidently expected to get fit every summer. Aren't we too old for this yet?

My problem isn't geography, but an addiction to Ultimate Cheeseburgers at Jack in the Box. :eek:

Mike =)

*StarDust*
05-17-2003, 08:51 PM
LOL;) My problem is I just can't seem to get myself to go outside when it's -40 degrees outside half the year (OK maybe not half the year but it seems that way LOL):)

LLFan
05-17-2003, 08:56 PM
Ah, they don't have gymnasiums in MN? ;)

Mike =)

todddebtd
05-17-2003, 09:02 PM
Tae bo rocks..best thing I have tried..Hubby lost 80 pounds with it

PreciousDarlin
05-17-2003, 09:08 PM
alrighty, I need to start working out too.....or else I'm not leaving my house all summer! I've got Tae Bo tapes.....now to find a time and place to do it!

tsquared
05-18-2003, 07:08 AM
Tae Bo tapes......wow napping would be so much easier...and quieter

PreciousDarlin
05-18-2003, 08:01 AM
yes Tsquared, napping is easier and quieter.....but it's not nearly as effective.....:)

tsquared
05-18-2003, 08:05 AM
it is soooooooooooooooo........im not nearly as tired and cranky as before the nap......oppppppsssss i forgot i never get cranky...lol

LLFan
05-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Perhaps I need to invest into this Tae Bo craze...I just hate spending money.

PreciousDarlin
05-18-2003, 03:32 PM
I bought a set of two tapes at Walmart for $20-$30.....it's cheaper than paying for a gym membership

dontwannapay
05-18-2003, 05:29 PM
I just downloaded taebo and winsor pilates workouts on Kazaa and I can watch them right on my monitor. of course, watch them is about all I do :)The pilates one is really an ab buster though!

Widgetsx3
05-18-2003, 05:34 PM
Ya know....I would LOVE to help ya'll...but it just isn't possible to work out with a beer in one hand, a double Western Bacon Cheeseburger in the other and a pack of smokes within reach.....<Widget runs out of the thread before she is hit with a Tae Bo tape>.....lol

sea-shell
05-18-2003, 05:40 PM
I would love to be someones workout partner. After 3 kids my tummy is definately not what it used to be and I HATE IT! Not sure how we can do it via the internet but I am definately willing to try. If anyone is interested they can also email or PM me.

PreciousDarlin
05-18-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by dontwannapay
I just downloaded taebo and winsor pilates workouts on Kazaa and I can watch them right on my monitor. of course, watch them is about all I do :)The pilates one is really an ab buster though!

never thought of downloading them online......maybe I can convince my husband to do it for me if I promise him I will have a nice, tight little body in the end......*grins*

OX_Love_OX
05-18-2003, 06:18 PM
Cali here too...and I know what you mean. I have a cool treadmill and tv in the garage and that is what I am using. Encouragement doesn't hurt though, that is for sure! (and GOOD MUSIC) If you go to slimfast.com you can track your weight and keep a food diary too, and NO you don't have to be using slimfast to do it, and it is private. You weigh in every sunday and you get to see your weight on a chart slowly go lower and lower...that's pretty encouraging....also they have a buddy thing where you can encourage each other but i'm a shy one and haven't tried that.

MistyWolf
05-18-2003, 08:32 PM
I am starting my TaeBo tapes tomorrow! I keep saying I am going to do it and darn it, I'm just doing it. Summer is just about here and they do work and I do need to use them .. lol.

Maeryn
05-18-2003, 10:02 PM
I got a treadmill for Christmas, and was walking just about every day. I was thrown off my routine because I had to have surgery, and just as I was recovering from that and starting to walk a little, I came down with a nasty case of bronchitis. I think I'll be able to start walking again this week. Anybody want to buddy up for doing some miles??