PDA

View Full Version : I just did the coolest thing online!

odyssey
05-15-2003, 06:50 AM
to me this was:
better then checking emails
better then chat rooms
better then viewing pictures online
better then ebay
better then checking my bank statements online

what was it????

I did my vehicle registration online. the DMV is online, very cool big thumbs up!!! before it took forever to wait in the long lines at the DMV then I had to mail in a bunch of papers before too, but now click click and I renewed!!!

happy happy happy happy

ok so I am over reacting but it was very cool considering my stickers should arrive in a few business days.

(now off to another field trip with the 1st graders)

wingsfan
05-15-2003, 06:53 AM
:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

Katt
05-15-2003, 06:55 AM
Wow, I don't think we can do that here yet. Sounds like a MAJOR time saver though. Cool!

menanamama
05-15-2003, 07:02 AM
i would love that...the dmv lines suck!

ahippiechic
05-15-2003, 07:03 AM
I did ours online last month, and yes, it was so cool not to have to deal with the lines & chit! :)

Princess4J
05-15-2003, 07:48 AM
GREAT IDEA.

BUT ODYSSEY HOW WOULD YOU LIKE
TO HAVE TO PAY 3 TIMES AS MUCH FOR YOUR
CAR REGISTRATION ??

YOU WILL IF GOV. DAVIS GETS HIS WAY :mad:
EXCEPT HIM OF COURSE.

captorquewrench
05-15-2003, 07:59 AM
in texas, you can also renew your drivers license online.

girlwithsoul
05-15-2003, 08:14 AM
Can you really Capt? Can you do it if it expired more than a month ago? Not mine (it expires in 2005) but someone I know has an expired license and no time to go to the DMV

captorquewrench
05-15-2003, 08:15 AM
i think it's only for regular renewals. but when i was picking up a mnaul for the M endorsement, test info, and replacing my lost license, they had posters and stuff saying you could. let me try to find the link

captorquewrench
05-15-2003, 08:19 AM
here it is.......
http://texasonline.state.tx.us/NASApp/rap/apps/dpsdl/jsp/eng/welcome.jsp

and when you click on who can do it:
Your license expires within one year as of today's date and has not been expired for more than two years.

Your last renewal was completed in person at a Texas driver license office.

You do not currently hold a provisional driver license. (All drivers 18 years of age or younger must renew in person.).

You currently hold a Class C or CM license. (All Class A or B licenses and Commercial Driver Licenses must be renewed in person.).

You have no change in your vision, physical or mental condition that would affect your ability to operate a motor vehicle.

Your record indicates that you are eligible to renew online. (No outstanding traffic tickets or warrants).

Your browser supports 128 bit encryption.

oh, it's a whopping extra dollar to do it online. i'll pay $1 to beat the hassle of missing owrk and standing in their line!

brooks45
05-15-2003, 08:26 AM
COOL!!!!! WELL HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT!!

newwiccan
05-15-2003, 08:40 AM
I love having a Colorado drivers license. If you're over 21, it's good for 10 years.

girlwithsoul
05-15-2003, 09:07 AM
Thank Capt!!! You rock as usual! I must admit that it's my BF who's let his expire but I'll call him at work and tell him to renew today. Of course, he'll probably say he wants to get a new picture now that his hair is short LOL

janelle
05-15-2003, 01:39 PM
Yeah, what do they do about the pics? Can you also take the driving test online? Now that would be cool.:p

odyssey
05-15-2003, 02:58 PM
I know you can also do driving school online :) my family has become a regular clients with gototrafficschool.com :D so far 4 of us have gone through it.

I was just reading the paper and our Gov. A whole Davis wants to raise us 300% he is NUTS.

Not good. Thanks goodness the rest of the world is catching up to the future I like it!!!!!!!!!