PDA

View Full Version : where is your computer located?

odyssey
05-14-2003, 06:20 PM
where's your computer located?
mine is in the kitchen nook, perfect place to see everything that goes on in here and be able to cook at the same time.

cpbaby
05-14-2003, 06:24 PM
Living room. I can see the door, both kids rooms, and the tv from here.

*StarDust*
05-14-2003, 06:26 PM
Corner of my Living room I can see outside, the kitchen and my Bedroom.

Carmen42
05-14-2003, 06:27 PM
http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/ruinkai/batman.gif In my bedroom, right next to my bed.....

odyssey
05-14-2003, 06:30 PM
hi flatbroke I just read your signature! CUTE.

I think I once read/heard that computers are now more centralized in a home and the kitchen area was the most popular.

Bedrooms came in second. My husbands computer is in our bedroom, but he isn't home nights so he never bugs me with it. :)

julie_angel
05-14-2003, 06:31 PM
In the living room (parlor) so I can see what's going on. It's the central room for us. I like it because I am in here most of the time with the baby, so when my 11 year old wants to use the computer, I can see what he's doing. I feel very strongly about being able to monitor kids on the computer. Having it in the kitchen sounds like a great idea, too! I don't have the room for it in there, but I am hoping to get a laptop soon, so I can use it wherever I want.:)

jennls
05-14-2003, 06:36 PM
Ours is in the spare bedroom which is also the playroom.

suziebee20
05-14-2003, 06:39 PM
Which one? lol!

Grandpa's is in his room, mom has her's in her room, mine in my room is busted, so I I always use this laptop which is permanently in the kitchen since we don't eat at the table, plus we have a very slow one in the garage that we hardly ever use.

mamalamas
05-14-2003, 06:40 PM
Mine is in the living room...where I can see everything that is going on...I like it also because I can see what my dot is doing when she is on here! I am also a firm believer of monitoring what she is doing

socks1211
05-14-2003, 06:43 PM
mine is on my kitchen table

lilbugger
05-14-2003, 06:49 PM
My computer is in the computer room off of the living room.

Angelseyes28
05-14-2003, 06:52 PM
Mine is in the dining room:)

CAMSmama
05-14-2003, 06:54 PM
Mine is whereever I am when I'm on it, it's a laptop.

twinkiesmom
05-14-2003, 07:01 PM
mines on the end table next to my lazyboy rocker in the living room.

Queensown
05-14-2003, 07:05 PM
My Hubby and I have side by side puter's in the spare bedroom... But we're slowly building a nursery around our computers!! I think we're going to move them into the dining room since we generally use the breakfast nook to eat anyhow.

peaceluver
05-14-2003, 07:07 PM
Mine started out in LR now is in BR.

Shancopp
05-14-2003, 07:08 PM
Mine is in the corner of the living room...hubby's is in the basement/family/play room....and my 3yr olds is in his room!

angelinwaiting
05-14-2003, 08:06 PM
in my living room cause theres no room for it anywhere else...as soon as my hubby builds a spare room, it will go in there;)

julie_angel
05-14-2003, 08:09 PM
Raven, this is going to sound stupid, but what is a "great room"? Is it a living room? I know I've heard that before, just don't know what it is.

Ladytiger
05-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Mine and bf's are in the office, DD's is in her room

Tadbit
05-14-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by suziebee20
Which one? lol!

Grandpa's is in his room, mom has her's in her room, mine in my room is busted, so I I always use this laptop which is permanently in the kitchen since we don't eat at the table, plus we have a very slow one in the garage that we hardly ever use.
suziebee, I can totally relate. We all use to be in the basement in our "computer room", then hubby moved my dd and me upstairs. My dd's is now in her bedroom on the second floor, mine is on my desk in the dining area, and he went out and bought himself an office unit for himself for all his computers. He has three or four computers himself, maybe more because I stopped counting. I know he has at least three for sure up and running down there. Why anyone needs that many, is beyond me.

Widgetsx3
05-14-2003, 08:32 PM
In the area between my Living room and kitchen. I can cook, see the TV and what my son is up to all at the same time

okie
05-14-2003, 08:35 PM
Our computer is in the living room but when we move in our new home it's going in the spare bedroom.The previous owner turned the bedroom into a dining room(it's right next to the kitchen) and i'm turning it into my computer room.

adair
05-14-2003, 09:29 PM
Mine is in the family room..can monitor the kitchen happenings, the TV, the phone, etc here.

The other computer is in the living room.

Lora_1994
05-14-2003, 09:44 PM
mine is in the living room for right now. In the process of remodeling a spare bathroom into a computer room/sewing room which will be right off of my bedroom and next to my 3 yr olds

spongebob
05-14-2003, 10:02 PM
dining room...

janelle
05-14-2003, 10:50 PM
In the bowels of the earth. In other words my basement. It's a finished basement but always cold, even in the summer. I want to put up sheetrock on the walls and insulate to help keep it warmer down here but hubby says it's a circulation problem. If it's not done right it isn't going to be done so here I sit freezing without a space heater cause they are dangerous. I can't hear the doorbell down here so I'm isolated that way.

I'm going to have the whole kit and kibbodle moved upstairs to a spare bedroom as soon as we can get the time which is very infrequently.

Katt
05-14-2003, 11:20 PM
Mine's in the livingroom. Well, off to the side of the livingroom, where the dining room would be, if my hubby hadn't set up a mini gym right there. As it is, I can see the kitchen, hall, tv, front door...pretty much everything ;)

Candice
05-15-2003, 12:20 AM
Mine is in the corner of my bedroom and my BF's is in "his corner", which really isn't a corner at all, just an area that's blocking the backdoor of our bedroom where he throws all the crap when he "cleans."

Bohemut
05-15-2003, 12:29 AM
Mine's in the livingroom, DH's is in the breakfast nook , DD's is in her room, and SS's is in his room--when he's here. I don't know where his is at his mother's house. LOL. Oh and for a while we had a friend's computer on our dining room table. (I was "fixing" it.)

chicodog
05-15-2003, 12:42 AM
One is in my bedroom and the other is in a small den.

menanamama
05-15-2003, 12:58 AM
we had both in our bedroom. then he got caught cheating and now we have seperate rooms and my computer is in my room and his is in his. he doesn't keep me up 'til 5:00 am now with his obsessive 16hrs a day on that Edited yahoo chat! good thing becuase i have to be up by 6:00 am.

sea-shell
05-15-2003, 04:08 AM
Mine is in the corner of the dining room right beside my big window. I can see outside - kitchen - living room - front and back door. Can ya tell my house is very open. We are moving in a month so not sure where it will go then.

LadyBones
05-15-2003, 04:29 AM
Mine is in the Living room, (i live in a mobile home) so i can see the kitchen, and front door to watch whatever is going on, MY DH is in the bedroom, and my son has one in his bedroom, soon my other two son's (they share a room) will get one in there room if they clean it....lol

CarolinaBlue
05-15-2003, 06:28 AM
Living room; we have turned our living room into a media center with 2 computers, tv/vcr, stereo, and Playstation. We use the family room to all gather in for other things.

Tasha405
05-15-2003, 06:34 AM
Mine is in my bedroom for now. I'll probably be moving it pretty soon though. Not sure where I will move it to though. LOL

justme23
05-15-2003, 08:25 AM
Two in the living room, one in the bedroom and a very old laptop that we play games on when we travel back and forth to my hometown on holidays.

HumblePie98
05-15-2003, 09:12 AM
Living room

~Roxy~
05-15-2003, 09:15 AM
Living room

joesbaby
05-15-2003, 10:57 AM
our bedroom but once we get a bigger place..hopefully anohter room.lol

janelle
05-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Ravenlost
It's the den/family room. On the house plans it's called the "great room" and that's what the builder, etc. calls it so we're trying to remember to call it that too...need to be on the same page as the builder, ya know?

The house plan calls the garage the "automobile carriage" the master bedroom is the "master's quarters" etc. It's a Victorian style house which is why the rooms are labeled so funny. Yesterday at the lighting company (we picked out some beautiful lighting fixtures for the house) my hubby wanted to know what a "water closet" was and why we would want water in the closet! LOL...

I love Victorian houses but I will not call my bathroom a water closet. lol We have looked at many new homes and they have great rooms which is the kitchen and den combined. I like that idea and great room is an approiate name for it since it is. A really big or great room. Better than big room. lol

Automobile carriage sounds like you have a horse and buggy. Garage is just fine for me. Master's quarters is maybe ok with bedrooms being so big now with a sitting room in them. JMO.

BigLyd1
05-15-2003, 12:20 PM
The one that I use the most, the one I'm on now, is in my work cubicle. Shhh! Please don't tell anyone. The one at home is in my husband's office.

ocvachick
05-15-2003, 12:28 PM
In my bedroom right next to the stereo