PDA

View Full Version : I got a really nice surprise on Mother's Day.

janelle
05-12-2003, 10:32 PM
My SS and his girlfriend left a Mother's Day card in our door. Me and my hubby were gone for most of the afternoon and evening but when we got home this card was in the door.

It said. "There are so many differtent types and ways to be a family today, but to me, if you have people who love you, no matter what, who care about what happens to you, who pull together through thick and thin, and only want what's best for you, that's a family.

And when you open it up it says. That's us. And I'm glad. Happy Mother's Day.

Isn't that sweet? And just when I thought I'd never get a Mother's Day card from the boys. I think having a girlfriend makes guys more thoughtful or willing to show it anyway. lol

OX_Love_OX
05-12-2003, 11:56 PM
Sweet :)

bngomom
05-13-2003, 08:50 AM
I am so glad you got the card as you had been feeling left out by being a step-mom. I am sure the girlfriend had something to do with it. My husband never bought his Mother a card, I always did it. They just don't get around to it.

julie_angel
05-13-2003, 08:51 AM
That is SO sweet, Janelle! Congrats!

Kelsey1224
05-13-2003, 09:15 AM
I got a card from my son's girlfriend. It thanked me for raising such a fine man... Wasn't that sweet?

janelle
05-13-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Kelsey1224
I got a card from my son's girlfriend. It thanked me for raising such a fine man... Wasn't that sweet?

That was so nice of her. My neighbor would get a card from her son's friends that thanked her for having and raising a wonderful son.

DreamWarrior
05-13-2003, 09:32 AM
How sweet!