PDA

View Full Version : Where did the post on headlice treatments go??

Talanco
05-12-2003, 01:09 PM
There is an outbreak at my daughters school...she doesnt have it yet but just in case!!

julie_angel
05-12-2003, 01:45 PM
Do you remember who posted it?

~MK~
05-12-2003, 01:51 PM
Is this it?

http://forums.bigbigsavings.com/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=300379&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

wingsfan
05-12-2003, 01:58 PM
ugh...you said "lice" and now I'm itchy :( :(

Talanco
05-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Thanks!! Pms are clear now!!

adair
05-12-2003, 05:21 PM
Found this the other day.

1. Saturate hair completely with Mayonnaise. Work the mayo into the hair and roots well. The hair must be extremely greasy for the mayo to ddrown the lice and prevent them from breathing.

2.Wrap hair as tightly as possible with Saran Wrap or a shower cap.

3. Leave the mayo pack on the head for at least one hour ( two hours will guarantee that all the lice are dead). During this time take all pillowcases, towels, blankets, sheets, etc and run them through the washing machine and dryer (clothing that may have been exposed also).

4. Shampoo hair thoroughly. Rise with white vinegar, then rinse clean with water. Comb hair with a nit comb. No nits should survive this treatment, if done properly.

belcherpi
05-12-2003, 05:30 PM
When my youngest was in kindergarten it was going around in his class. Needless to say he brought it home.:( I tried the lice treatments and they didn't seem to work that well. Finally someone told me to use baby oil. I put baby oil in his hair and left it for a short time and started combing through it with a fine tooth comb and then washed it out (it took a few washes) and we didn't have any more problems. With the baby oil on the hair you can comb the eggs right off. Hope this helps!;)

shelhop
05-13-2003, 03:46 AM
We've had the dreaded call from school before to come pick up our children and not bring them back until they're nit free. I agree with belcherpi. Baby oil is the way to go. The problem is getting it out...especially with little ones who don't sit well when washing their hair. The best way to remove the baby oil is with Dawn dishwashing detergent. It really cuts the oil.