PDA

View Full Version : Need help opening a file!

justinenycole26
05-07-2003, 07:04 PM
My printer is not working. I need to print my fiancee's tax return. The site he did his taxes on saves the file in pdf format. I saved the file and burned it onto a disc and brought it to work. The problem is, I di not have Adobe Acrobat on my work computer so I can't open the file. I went to the Adobe website and found a way to convert it to html, but only if it is on a webpage (I have to enter the url) Does anyone know of a site where I can upload the document so I can convrt it to html so I can print it? Thanks!

cpbaby
05-07-2003, 07:15 PM
This would be SO much simpler, if you can do it. I dont know your network rules.

Go to the adobe website and download the FREE adobe acrobat reader. Then you can open it and print it.

Can you not load it to tripod or some such place?

justinenycole26
05-07-2003, 07:22 PM
CP, I am not allowed to d/l ANYTHING on my work computer. Sucks, huh? What is tripod? I will try it.

cpbaby
05-07-2003, 07:34 PM
ugh! not even adobe? Man that sucks majorly. I am so sorry. Can you not download it and then delete it? I do that at work when i am desperate.

go to www.tripod.com and see if they can help. I dont knwo if it will work that way or not. If you can send me the file i will be more than glad to print it out and mail it to you.