PDA

View Full Version : What Does It Take To Be Loved?

sharinbo
05-05-2003, 06:31 PM
What Does It Take To Be Loved?
Written By Alanna Howard

http://pbrc.net/pictures/what.jpg

I'm in a dark room, In a tiny cage,
It's cold in here, I'm so full of rage.
What did I do that was so bad?
I don't understand why you got so mad.

You were gone all day, I was all alone,
I was so unhappy while you weren't home.

You closed the door, I heard the click,
I was so upset, I didn't get my goodbye lick.

I paced the floor all worried and bored,
I finally sought solace in your neat sock drawer!

When no socks remained, I found a new game all your pretty shoes... Not worn in... what a shame.

I thought I would help the process along
by putting more teeth marks, my jaws are so strong!

When I was finished there, I looked all around what could I fix next? Oh yes...That new chair!

So into the den where we go to eat,
I shred the leather stool, so it's softer for your feet.

I hop in the seat of the matching new chair and find it's so cold How can you put your butt there?

I know you've told me, it's not for me to use, but surely you won't mind If I warm it up for you?

My claws are so sharp you always say,
but I don't like the clipper so you let them stay.

When you pulled in the drive, I heard your car hum, I was so happy you're home, I didn't realize what I'd done...

In my mad dash for the door, I never heard the sound of that brand new leather as it shred, ripped and tore.

When you came in, I was so ecstatic!
I bounced and I jumped, I clung to you like static.

You'd had a bad day, I could tell by your face and the way you yelled, and screamed in my face.

You knocked me down and brushed your dress I know with your new job your under so much stress.

I waited for you by your brand new chair
when you came in you almost pulled out your hair.

You screamed and you shouted, and chased me around. What fun. . she wants to play! So I ran, barked and bound!

When I stopped and turned to give you a break... The whole house looked like it'd been in an earthquake!
I knew something was wrong when you picked up the phone and called the animal shelter and said I needed a new home.

A short while later, a truck pulled up close, with a strange looking man, no smile, no treat no hello's.

I was crammed in the back, with mongrels and curs, they all looked so mean, with dirty, matted fur.

They snarled and they growled, I was so taken aback! I only wanted to say Hi, Why did they attack?

I was ripped and torn when they took me out, but the others were dead. They blamed me without a doubt.

They called me vicious and said I should die, I didn't understand, couldn't see why.

So inside I went, in a smelly, strange place I was confused and scared, It showed on my face.

No kind people to lick, This must be a joke! No friendly hands that pet, just ones that poked.

I was marked unadoptable, what did that mean? I was the friendliest dog alive. This was impossible!

The next day they came, and opened my door, I was so embarrassed, I peed in the floor.

They lifted me up onto a big table
and held me down, I couldn't move, I wasn't able.

I felt a pin prick, and slowly closed my eyes there was no more fear, I knew I had died.

I now stand in front of a gate,
it's so big and pretty! Not the kind I hate.

I was beckoned inside so I ran with joy! To a friendly man with a brand new toy!

He held it out to me and I took it with pleasure, He said it was mine, Now and forever.

He told me "No more yelling, No More hitting, No fear" For you are most welcome In all the chairs here."

As I looked all around at the stars up above, I knew I would never ask, What does it take to be loved?

julie_angel
05-05-2003, 06:56 PM
:( OMG how sad! I know it is just terrible. Imagine your kids messing up your house, and you getting mad and sending them away or having them euthenized. It just breaks my heart how this can be done to these poor animals.:(