PDA

View Full Version : Need help with incense

sea-shell
05-04-2003, 04:39 AM
I have decided to add incense sticks and holders to my website. I am not an incense burner so I don't know the most popular scents for these. If you could give me an idea I would be so grateful. Also what types of holders would you recommend. Thanks for all your help.

kellybeebear
05-04-2003, 05:54 AM
Some of my favorites are
Jasmine, Peaches and Cream, Strawberry, Pina Colada, Coconut, Honey Suckle just to name a few. I prefer strong scents that are not overpowering. One of my holders is a rectangle box holder with the lid and the storage underneath. Another is the plain flat one with the hole to put the stick and I also have Genie Lamps for my cone ones. If I buy those really long ones, i usually stick them in a plant.

Not sure if this helped, but I think it is a good product choice to sell. Good Luck:D

WitchyGurl
05-04-2003, 06:06 AM
A lot of Pagans use incense for rituals. There are several scents that will come in handy to have for us.
Dragonsblood
Sandlewood
Frankincense
Myrrh

These are blended scents:
Golden Dawn
Any of the 5 signs (air, water, earth, fire, spirit)
Any of the 12 zodiac signs (Aris, Gemini, ect.)
There are also scents for money bringing, love ,ect.

These are just the ones I use, there are probably about 50
more that are commonly used. Pine, orange, rosemary, eucaliptus,
fir, sage.................................
This list goes on.
Pagans like variety :D

A lot of Pagans also prefer Granular incense.
Granular needs charcoal tablets to burn it on and a special type of burner that can take the heat of the charcoal.
I prefer cones because the burners take up less space on my alter.
Cones also come in a variety of sizes. I buy cones that burn up to 8 hours for outside ritual. They are about as big as a large childs fist! Big Yard incense sticks are very hard to find! They cost about $1 a peice around here but I cant find the scents I need for ritual.
:(

Sun_Angel
05-04-2003, 08:07 AM
Are you talking brands or scents??? Or you are talking brands, the best is Nag Champa and Morning Star!! I don't care for Nag Champa because I am not into the real smokey stuff, but other people LOVE it. I prefer Morning Star because it is light and very woodsy/floral smell. My favorites scents are Jasmine, Lavender, & Sandalwood, and Patchouli.

eeigh33
05-04-2003, 08:51 AM
Nag Champa is the best! You must have some of this on your site....I would say Sandalwood is a close second, then Jasmine. Those are my faves. ;) Will you be making this yourself in addition to your candles? I would like a link to your website when you get it put up, if it is not already.

sea-shell
05-04-2003, 08:59 AM
eeigh33,

Email me and I can give you the link. I am not allowed to post it on here. I plan on ordering the supplies - incense - holders and etc. tomorrow. Then as soon as I get them I will put them on my site.

sea-shell
05-04-2003, 05:41 PM
Thank you for everyones help - I got great suggestions fo the fragrances :)