PDA

View Full Version : Went to Sammy Hagar tonight - pouring rain!

NoFoolPrice
05-04-2003, 02:28 AM
Went to a Blue Oyster Cult, CCR Revisited, El Tri and Sammy Hagar concert tonight. Outside in chilly pouring rain. Doors opened at 4 and concert ended around 10 so we had plenty of time to get wet. It was Sammy's Cinco De Mayo party. CCR was great, but we had to listen to El Tri for an hour, I got kinda miserable then, freezing, wet and a band I didn't understand or care for - but then Sammy made up for it. Great show, he is from the town I live in, and this was a homecoming. He promised us all a free concert within the next year in his hometown at the Speedway to thank us for braving the pelting rain and cold. Trust me, I am saving my ticket stubs to get into that next concert. I didn't complain once about being soaked and cold, but I froze my a** off; put on flannels jammies and cuddled up with a space heater and quilt right now. It's funny, it was kind of more fun with the rain, no lines, it was all kindred diehards out there, and it was fairly easy to "upgrade" ones seating arrangement. Ended with a fireworks show and one of those concerts where everybody leaves yelling whoo-hoo!