PDA

View Full Version : Another Hard Day

jcw
05-01-2003, 09:31 PM
Tomorrow May 2 would have been mom and dad's 50th anniversary. He passed away 16 days ago. I feel so sorry for mom she's really having a rough time of it right now. She was so excited about their 50th.She lost her husband,had to move from Arkansas back to Ky,they ran a campground since it requires 2 people she lost her job, has to sell their new 2003 dodge truck they owned for about 3 months as she can't drive it. Her whole world has fell apart in the last 2 weeks and I don't know how to help her. The family is taking her out tomorrow night but I know all any of us will do is think of daddy. Life sucks right now

Xica
05-01-2003, 09:44 PM
{{{jcw and mom}}} I'm sorry, I don't know what else to say. :( This post brought a tear to my eye. How much they must have LOVED and continue to love each other to make it through 50 years. That's truly special.

Gitty
05-01-2003, 10:06 PM
Sorry about your dads passing away. I know it hurts. My mom passed away about a month ago. Even though your dad passed away it's still her 50th Anniversery and she still deserves a get together with friends and family. If she is up to it. It might help her to talk about him and have you all around. The dinner is a good thing for her. You all can talk about happier times. And still give love to each other. Let us know how it went.

jcw
05-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Thanks {{{{{Parlier}}}}} and from reading your posts I don't believe your title under your name.
{{{{{{{Gitty}}}}}}}} Thanks I hope it helps her some. I am so sorry about your mom. It really is hard isn't it? Hope it gets easier for you too.

Ladytiger
05-01-2003, 10:19 PM
{{{{{jcw}}}}} So sorry for your loss. Try to look at it this way-change can good. Maybe, hopefully, your mom might explore different things now..and your dad is just a thought away. I know that it's not the same, but you have that comfort. My grandfather died this time of year, two days before Mother's Day, 5 days before their 50th Anniversary, and very unexpectantly...I feel your pain.

schsa
05-02-2003, 08:23 AM
You help her by not making any decisions for her. She needs time to adjust from this horrible blow. Be there for her and if she asks for advise, let her know that this is what you would do but she needs to make that decision on her own.

Don't push her in to doing anything that she isn't ready for. She has lost her best friend of 50 years. She is probably never going to heal but she can get better if you love and support any decision she might make.

Wimzik
05-02-2003, 09:28 PM
(((((jcw))))))&(((((mom)))))
I'm sorry for your loss.