PDA

View Full Version : I just don't get some my mil

harlow
04-30-2003, 07:12 PM

the1bea
04-30-2003, 07:42 PM
You can take my MIL. She is comming down monday for my sons surgery and I am not too thrilled about it. I think that this is a good site for those frustrated with In Laws http://motherinlawstories.com/

mom4angels
04-30-2003, 07:43 PM
Harlow,

i think we have the same mil. Mine lives right across the street and never sees her three grandchildren. It really hurts me and my DH. But what can you do. You can't change people. I do tell
myself everyday that it is her loss. It really is her loss. I hope that yours gets better I have accepted the mine isn't going to change that why I will not get my feelings hurt so much.

harlow
04-30-2003, 07:59 PM

newwiccan
04-30-2003, 08:37 PM
Do you have my mil? We live 16 hours from her and when we go home, we have to go to her house or we don't see her. She'll make plans to come to my mom's but either doesn't show up or cancels 2 hours after she's supposed to be there. One of these days she's going to regret it.

TrueSthrnBelle
05-01-2003, 12:54 AM
(((((harlow)))))

OX_Love_OX
05-01-2003, 01:55 AM
Add me to the list~I feel your pain!~It is just so sad. (((harlow)))

mlathroum
05-01-2003, 05:03 AM
My MIL lives 2 minutes away. She isn't speaking to my Hubby or me right now and hasn't since about New Years. YES this is a good thing!!
Hubby doesn't care. He said when she learns to mind her own business and stop telling us what to do with our children then he will talk to her. He is the oldest of 8 kids and the oldest 6 say the same thing. 2 of which still live at home(21 and 24). The younger 2 are 16 and 13 and aren't even allowed to speak to use when we see them at church or such.
My Mom is always around. Sees her grandchildren every Sunday when we go to her house for dinner. OR she calls and asks to take them somewhere.

socks1211
05-01-2003, 05:10 AM
my mil loves her gd and we go see her every weekend so she dosnt see her that much but i know she loves her i think i have the best mil in the world and if any thing would happen to her we would all be devistaed

OX_Love_OX
05-01-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by tinkrbell1171
we should start a rotton mil or any inlaw club!lol,my mil lives a few streets away,she never calls ,only if it is her birthday or xmas with a list of what she wants,ive been married for 10 years and with hubby for 13,notonce has she given us anything.she will come to the kids party for free booze and food,ask for money and goes home,never even says happy birthday to the kids,its sad,cause the kids love her,ya hear of other peoples in;laws being kind,picking up their kids ,ect ect,,glad to hear im not alone

That is so funny...because...I can relate to that big time.

We know that when FIL calls to "spend time and go fishing with his son"...that is code for..."need to get him alone so I can ask for another loan"...lol

The other times we see in-laws are funerals and weddings (if they show)

But...In my situation they treat all their kids the same...equally ignored...lol

schsa
05-01-2003, 12:23 PM
Your problem is not your MIL it's you. You have set certain expectations of her and when she doesn't fall into the pattern you have in mind, you are hurt. According to your husband she has always behaved this way and you are not going to change her.

Start changing your expectations of this woman. She is not going to be the perfect grandmother. So set your expectations very, very low and you won't be disapointed.

harlow
05-01-2003, 03:57 PM

harlow
05-01-2003, 07:25 PM