PDA

View Full Version : A Thank You

justme23
04-30-2003, 04:22 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who sent good thoughts and prayers for me about the stress test. We went this morning and had it done. The doc said everything was fine but let me tell you, when they say they're going to stress you out they aren't kidding. I hope I never have to do anything like that again. What an ordeal!! Anyways, thank you all again and yay on the good results!! :)

mlathroum
04-30-2003, 04:34 PM
CONGRATS!! I am glad everything went well! Did you walk or did they do the one where you lay down called the Persantine?

justme23
04-30-2003, 05:08 PM
They injected me w/ Dibutomine(sp) and watched me w/ a sonogram machine... and the ekg machine? It was quite uncomfortable and very disorienting (I was not aware that my body would react in the same way it reacts when you do a vigorous workout, I was soooo hot and soaking wet from sweat when it was over and they thought they were going to have to use an additional drug on me cause it took alot of that first med to get my heart rate up to where they needed it... I am a big baby tho, I cried and was very upset through the whole thing, they were probably elated to see me go. LOL)... but I made it and I'm aok. I did have to fight w/ the doctor tho... they had not one female nurse or tech in the whole office and they didn't want to let my husband in there w/ me either... they had to let the receptionist sit in there w/ me because I was not about to disrobe for 3 strange men... they ended up letting me keep my tshirt on and just remove my bra and they were a little put off w/ my demanding some female in the room w/ me... you would think for their OWN security that they'd have not fought me on it... bunch of turkeys they were. But it's over and that's all that matters and all the prayers and positive energy really helped. Thx again!!

rain_cries
04-30-2003, 05:14 PM
Geeze, if you needed a stress test, you could have come to my house and watched my kids for an hour... LOL

Glad everything is ok and I don't blame you for wanting someone else in the room with you. Why wouldn't they let your dh in with you? That doesn't seem right to me. For non invasive procedures, he should have been allowed with you.

(((hugs))) Hope you NEVER have to do it again!!!

BeanieLuvR
04-30-2003, 07:19 PM
That is wonderful news. I am really happy everything is ok. :)

Barbi_Route66
04-30-2003, 10:35 PM
Justme23, my mom had that type of stress test before (I think it's called the Thallium Stress Test). She has very bad knees & couldn't do the treadmill. Mom felt tired after the test was over, as if she had been running.

Glad your test results were good. :)

mlathroum
05-01-2003, 05:13 AM
There was NO reason for you to remove your shirt or bra!!!!! Even if they thought the bra had a wire in it. Most bras don't anymore they have the hard plastic in them that feels like wire.
I am a female and I have worked with the male technicians before.I close the door to the room and NO ONE is allowed in while I am hooking up. I hook my patient up by pulling up their shirt and attaching my electrodes where they need to be. I then run my EKG's to make sure my hook-up is good and I have a great looking EKG. I pull the patients' shirt down and find a blanket if they are cold.
If they feel warm during the test I use cold wash cloths by running them under the sink right there in the room.
I am sorry you had problems BUT very glad everything turned out so well. Remember though you might have to do what they call a cardiac clearance whenever you need anesthia from no on. Probably in the future it will just be a visit to the cardiologist and an EKG to make sure there are no changes. They just want to make sure you are still okay.